Hikvision - Visible in SADP, not in browser

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

I can not find my camera in my browser when typing in the IP-address. The browser just goes to time out when the IP-address of the camera is typed in. All though the camera is visible in SADP, with all information. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance :)

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the camera in the same subnet as the browser. SADP shows all cameras regardless of the IP address.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your router IP address? What does SADP show as the camera is address? You can change the IP address of the camera in SADP.
Example:
If your router is say 192.168.1.1 then your camera should be something like 192.168.1.100. The first three numbers should be the same. The last can be anything less than 256.

Suprcrew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is your router IP address? What does SADP show as the camera is address? You can change the IP address of the camera in SADP.
Example:
If your router is say 192.168.1.1 then your camera should be something like 192.168.1.100. The first three numbers should be the same. The last can be anything less than 256.
It worked now! Thank you very much :)

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We have all had similar experiences. Glad you got things working.

giantbike

n3wb
Reaction score
I have similar issue with different reasons and solutions I believe. One of the camera won't show up on any browser but shows on SADP. This camera used to show up on browser no problem before and I think I need to to reboot it. But not able to log into it via browser, I can't reboot it remotely. In SADP there is no option to reboot this device. This is connected to the NVR, and I can't find a way to reboot it in its UI. Is there any other way to reboot it remotely besides physically disconnect/connect via the network connector? And I think this is my last resource. The camera is functioning normally but annoying not being able to see it via the browser and change some of the settings if needed. Just to note there is no issues with other cameras in the setup which has 8 cameras in total. Thanks for any advices.

giantbike

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the model of the NVR and camera?
NVR Hikvision. DS-7616NI-E2/8P. Firmware V3.4.6, Build 160465
Camera .Hikvision DS-2DE4A204IW-DE .Firmware V5.5.0 build 170724
Thanks.

Also to note, the cameras are connected outside of NVR with its IP 192.168.1.xx

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What do you mean it is connected outside of the NVR? Do you mean it is connected to your router? Does the camera display on the NVR?

giantbike

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, by that I mean all my cameras are connected to the various switches/routers outside of the NVR ,so IP is 192.168.1.xx instead of within the NVR with 192.168.254.xx.

All cameras show on NVR with no issues.

Searay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you cannot log in via WEB GUI then Power cycle the POE switch or unplug the camera feed

try changing a setting for that camera via NVR Camera settings….either a display setting or a or a video parameter then click apply confirm the change did actually occur. If yes try web connection again.

If still doesn't work pull power to reboot