Hikvision vs Dahua

sibi78

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the forum, and have been here only for a few weeks.

Coming into the forum, my understanding is that Hikvision holds the larger security camera market share (probably largest?) compared to Dahua. I know that Dahua is the super-star here, especially the starlight series sensors. I was wondering if Dahua is so good vs Hikvision, how come Hikvision is the market leader? I've also read comments that say Hikvision has almost same technology as Dahua, but we don't have a trusted seller like Andy for Hikvision, and that's one of the reasons why Dahua is popular here. Is there truth to this?

Thanks, and my intent is not create any controversy, but I was genuinely curious :)

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Market share driven by corporate advertising budgets and I’d dare say Hikvision has a larger budget. They did over $7 billion last year and Dahua did half of that Bigger is not always better. Ford vs Chevy debate.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which company or supplier provides cameras to the forum for testing and review. Dahua has move cameras tested in the forum then Hikvision. So Dahua is recommended more than Hikvision.

Simple

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which company or supplier provides cameras to the forum for testing and review. Dahua has move cameras tested in the forum then Hikvision. So Dahua is recommended more than Hikvision.

Simple
Indeed and a tremendous reseller in Andy!