Hikvision vs Eyesurv

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to decide on a EYEsurv ESIP-MP2-BT1(CP) vs a Hikvision DS-2CD2032.

I realize the Hikvision is a 3mp vs the EyeSurv which is a 2mp. Nellys sells the eyesurv for about $94 before shipping and they have great customer service and support plus a 2 year warranty . The Hikvision on the other hand is about $87 form aliexpress but for any issues/warranty and your SOL.

My question is would it really matter that much having the extra 1mp? This would be for personal home surveillance nothing more. I'm obviously leaning towards the customer support but the price for a 3MP is tempting. Full disclosure I have ordered 2 other cameras previously from aliexpress with no issues(knock on wood).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I run my 3mp hikvision cameras in 2mp mode because of the way hikvision crops the image in 3mp mode. The eyesurv is a rebranded Dahua. Nelly's has good customer service and the camera is good. You will be fine with either. In fact dahua has a better/less noisy night image.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Nelly's is excellent. Keep in mind the "CP" on that model number stands for Cable POE. That simply means the poe is placed externally on the pigtail of the camera and adds an extra barrel to the cable. The camera itself is probably great and it is a good price. But I figure they might be priced lower because of that external poe deal. See a recent thread I started pertaining to thoughts about that. As far as Ali, bet as much as you can afford to lose. I'm still contemplating that too. In the end these cameras can be awesome, and finicky too. If you can lose 100 or so bucks trying ali and having a camera take a dump, go for it. If peace of mind for true support is worth the extra bucks, go for it.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Shockwave you summed it up with an excellent point " If peace of mind for true support is worth the extra bucks, go for it."

I did order one Eyesurv cam when I purchased an NVR from them and so far it has been excellent. The cam had one pigtail Ethernet port and a second line for the 12v. I have been running POE only through the Ethernet.(hope that makes sense).

I believe you have helped make my mind up. Piece of mind is worth a lot. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: