Hikvision web playback question

elastic1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-E2) that is set to record 24x7. It also has motion detection setup so that when I review the footage on my television that is connected to the NVR via HDMI, I can obviously only review where the camera captured motion instead of sifting through almost 24 hours of nothingness.

However, when I go to playback footage from my laptop instead of using my TV, the device does not show the motions captured, only the solid blue bar showing the 24x7 recordings. Underneath the blue bar, used to be blotches of pink indicating detected motion. How can I get this back? It just kinda stopped showing up one day. I attached a screen shot of a truck going by which shows motion, but no indication in the playback time bar. Thanks in advance :)

NQREM5E.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is standard on hivision NVR's or at least was..I believe someone may have mentioned a firmware update that allowed it...when you were able to see motion events in pink, were you recording continuously?

elastic1

n3wb
Reaction score
This is standard on hivision NVR's or at least was..I believe someone may have mentioned a firmware update that allowed it...when you were able to see motion events in pink, were you recording continuously?
Yes I was. When I login to the interface (either through web or using tv) it says my firmware is the latest. Is this so called check that the system does reliable, or do I still need to check the website?

elastic1

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, when I login to the interface under system settings & maintenance, I see my model number is "DS-7616NI-E2 / 8P" and my firmware version is "V3.4.80 build 160718"

However when I go to the hikvision site to search for updates, I only find older versions..

"DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_V3.4.21_160630"

Seems kind of weird...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, when I login to the interface under system settings & maintenance, I see my model number is "DS-7616NI-E2 / 8P" and my firmware version is "V3.4.80 build 160718"

However when I go to the hikvision site to search for updates, I only find older versions..

"DS-76xxNI-E1(E2)P_USA_Firmware_V3.4.21_160630"

Seems kind of weird...
I have never heard of the function disappearing...try a different browser...there might be newer firmware, dont know, but beware of introducing new problems or bricking your NVR if you upgrade..

elastic1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have never heard of the function disappearing...try a different browser...there might be newer firmware, dont know, but beware of introducing new problems or bricking your NVR if you upgrade..
I did, tried both IE and FF. I don't think it disappeared, rather I did a bunch of steps accidentally last time to make it show and don't remember what those steps were.

Would you be able to tell me roughly how you do it with yours?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did, tried both IE and FF. I don't think it disappeared, rather I did a bunch of steps accidentally last time to make it show and don't remember what those steps were.

Would you be able to tell me roughly how you do it with yours?
I don't use standalone nvrs anymore... hopefully someone with one of these can help...

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is my final challenge to overcome too. I've enabled dual vca and I thought I'd configured an events recording schedule correctly along with continuous recording but still no events show up in the timeline. There is no place I can find with linear directions on how to accomplish this! The manuals break up instructions for this into pieces that I can't follow and a Hikvision document I found titled "Enable Dual VCA" applies to firmware that is over two years old and I can't track it to my current firmware. If you figure this out please let me know. Maybe some kind person on this forum that knows more than we do could post step-by-step instructions? TIA a bunch if there is...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here is an example of what appears to work for me via the web GUI of a 7816N-E2/8P running firmware 3.4.90
On camera 1, a falling leaf, one of many, triggered a short line crossing detection as shown in the log, and you should be able to just see the narrow red line below the continuous blue playback line. It does the same for motion detection.NVR_3.jpg NVR_4.jpg NVR_5.jpg NVR_6.jpg NVR_7.jpg NVR_8.jpg

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Alastair! I had previously set all the settings as you described above. I had mistakenly thought that I needed to set a second recording schedule for event record but I could never figure out how to do that. I think that I must have just been missing the "narrow red line" since it's so faint. I'll check when I get home. Thanks again!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The red line can be a lot wider on motion detection.
Remember that you need to turn on the alarm display (the red lines) under the blue line - single window layout, start playback, click the swizzler next to the windows layout selector.

And does anyone have a clue what the 'Enable Eagle Eye Mode' thing is all about, next to it on the right?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The red line can be a lot wider on motion detection.
Remember that you need to turn on the alarm display (the red lines) under the blue line - single window layout, start playback, click the swizzler
I think I found out how to turn on the alarm display. Click below the blue scrub line and two yellow lines appear? There's still no red alarm ticks between them...