HikVision with LPNR, captures file metadata, work with API

mememex2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. First of all - I am experienced (and shy) developer in part of working with HikVision cameras and NVRs via their REST API.
But then again, it's poorly documented and may have breaking changes without any notice. They hide their documentation like it's some government secret. Well, like most chineses hardware manufacturers do.
So, problem is: I can't get direction of captured vehicle. There is no and there wasn't proper way to do it.There are 2 REST methods to get traffic data:
/ISAPI/Traffic/channels/1/vehicleDetect/plates - it returns last 20 vehicles with full info and cropped image of license plate and can continue to return current vehicles. This doesn't suits my needs.
/ISAPI/ContentMgmt/search - it returns traffic data for any giver period and link to captured images of vehicle passing. Answer contains datetime and I can get license plate from file name. The only missing bit is direction of moving vehicle. With previous camera I could find it inside JPEG metadata. At the end of the file there was little text chunk with chinese symbols but I found field with direction.
In current camera (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHS) they changed format of metadata. It contains large binary chunk where I can find plate number (like 10 of them which looks like neural network recognition data with weights), but nothing else.

Long story short - does anyone know how to get direction from metadata or API?

panzhicNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
The /ISAPI/Traffic/channels/1/vehicleDetect/plates should return you with <direction> tag
1607987114650.png

Last edited:

mememex2

n3wb
Reaction score
The /ISAPI/Traffic/channels/1/vehicleDetect/plates should return you with <direction> tag
Yes, but as I noticed in initial post - it doesn't suits me :) Because this method doesn't works as an archive - you can't dig into previous records

mememex2

n3wb
Reaction score
In case anyone wondered how did I solve initial problem - I'm "reading" (actually just checking some pixels) title at the bottom of image, where direction is specified in clear text