Hikvision

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision SD Recording

Quick question guys.

I'm in the process of choosing the exact model of cameras i'd like to use for my set up. And i'm looking at the various Hiks with on-board recording via sd particularly the DS-2CD2732F-IS and the DS-2CD2432F-I mainly for redundancy as I might also pick up a dedicated Hik branded NVR.

My questions are: will I be able to set these camera up to record both on-board and to the NVR at the same time or do I need to choose one over the other for recording? How about when the sd memory is filled up on these would they AUTOMATICALLY erase and start from the beginning or do I need to manually clear them once filled up. I'm kinda hoping that they would do it auto but the user manual is not that really clear about it.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A NVR saves the video stream passively, your camera has no idea its being saved somewhere, so a NVR saving the stream should not interfere with local storage at all.

The camera should overwrite the oldest file when the newest file comes in, it will fill up and maintain the most recent recordings it has the space for.. its all automatic.

Onboard SD storage isint alot, keep that in mind.. recording a D1 substream on my Dahua cameras fit just over 48h of video on a 64gb SD.. a 1080p high quality stream might not even get a full day's worth.

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's good to know that these can also perform like on board mini nas/nvr that they can re-write on their own once memory is filled up. I'm just thinking of using the sd option as a form of redundacy when everything else fails.

Thank you sir. You've been a great help.

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
1080P, 30FPS and 10240kbps = >100GB a day. I use onboard storage for logs and motion snapshots and the DVR for continuous recording.

Sakuji

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1080P, 30FPS and 10240kbps = >100GB a day. I use onboard storage for logs and motion snapshots and the DVR for continuous recording.
That's actually what I have in mind and not full video. I apologize for being not clear about it.
What cameras are you using? Hiks? Can you confirm if they do re-write on their own when sd memory is full?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
No worries mate you can still do full video if that's what you wanted. I'm using DS-2CD26F-IS and sd card does overwrite when full.