Hikvison Cloud unsecure?

TechTobi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a question.
For Push notification, I‘m use the Hikvision Cloud.
Who still uses it? Is the type of integration still safe today?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And most here do not trust these companies regarding security. Ironic that security cameras are not very secure on the internet...

Too many instances over the years showing that the login credentials go unencrypted, data going all over the place to the cloud and then back, etc.

A general rule around here is regardless of who makes the devices, keep them off the internet.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
hikvision still saves screenshots of events (you see a little picture in hikconnect) on amazon cloud server ... visible for everyone if you have the serial number.. so no its not safe to use it.. not sure what else is saved there

Ellesmin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask about hikvision vulnerable version (CVE-2021-36260)? I find out a lot of devices on the internet and try to find out without exploiting if the device is vulnerable or not, but without success? Is there any option to find if the camera is vulnerable without exploiting, I would like to inform owner of vurnerable devices, but I don't want to exploit them. Is there any option please?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to ask about hikvision vulnerable version (CVE-2021-36260)? I find out a lot of devices on the internet and try to find out without exploiting if the device is vulnerable or not, but without success? Is there any option to find if the camera is vulnerable without exploiting, I would like to inform owner of vurnerable devices, but I don't want to exploit them. Is there any option please?
Hikvision provides a list of the hardware this problem impacts on their website. Any security camera that is vulnerable to this attack has firmware to resolve the same.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your friendly neighborhood CCP owns controlling stake of Hikvision (42%). Do you trust the CCP?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any option to find if the camera is vulnerable without exploiting
There is a big thread here started by the researcher @watchful_ip that discovered the vulnerabilty, with posts from researcher @bashis who published POC code that will check non-destructively if a device is vulnerable.
An example of testing with the POC code :