Hikvuision NVR says "Offline Parameter Error" when connecting to Hikvision Cam

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gi,

I have a DS-7604N-E1/4P nvr which won't connect to my Hikvision DS-2CD2342wd-i cam

The cam is on a separate POE injector and has its own ip address on the same lan as the nvr

I'm adding as a Manual connection in the nvr cam settings, but I get the error offine parameter error.

After a while I sometimes get: stream type from the ip camera is not supported

Any reason why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be the problem i had. I had have a camera on its own ip address on same lan. I had to plug it direct into my modem to get it to work as NVR didn't want to recognize it.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be the problem i had. I had have a camera on its own ip address on same lan. I had to plug it direct into my modem to get it to work as NVR didn't want to recognize it.
I do have the cam plugged directly in the router, the same as the nvr.
Could it be the firmware on the nvr?

My NVR is v3.0.8 build 140825 with AARR in the serial number (bought from Aliexpress CCTV China Store, genuine reseller)
My Cam is v5.3.6 build 151105 with BBWR in the serial number (bought from genuine UK re-seller)

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
whats your cameras IP and whats your gateway modem IP?

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
whats your cameras IP and whats your gateway modem IP?
My setup is virgin router 192.168.0 network -> netgear nighthawk router (192.168.1 network)
Hikvision NVR and both Cams connected to ports on nighthawk router so have 192.168.1.x addresses

As mentioned, the older cam is picked up by the NVR, but not the newer one

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
was your older cam a POE or did it have a separate power supply?

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to check, have you activated the camera? Your camera will come inactive and no longer has a default password
If so, have you enabled H.264+ on the camera? Your NVR's firmware won't support it.

gbothma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a hikvision nvr and was trying to add a new camera.
PoE port up and camera ip was the same. Camera and NVR had the same password. But the nvr reported "Offline (Parameter error)".
I logged into the camera directly changed the video resolution to minimum. And the NVR reported tbe camera online, I then changed the camera resolution back to. Maximum and the camera remained online.
I struggled to get this camera online for 2 hours. Hope this helps someone.

Likesh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a hikvision nvr and was trying to add a new camera.
PoE port up and camera ip was the same. Camera and NVR had the same password. But the nvr reported "Offline (Parameter error)".
I logged into the camera directly changed the video resolution to minimum. And the NVR reported tbe camera online, I then changed the camera resolution back to. Maximum and the camera remained online.
I struggled to get this camera online for 2 hours. Hope this helps someone.