Hit & Run

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a hunch on the answer, but wanted to ask. I wasn't sure if the YT video was lower quality than his recorded video.
Judging by the camera FOV, there probably isn't adequate ppf to read the plate on the way in, or the way out....

Fastb

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No way, just a cheap 640x480 Foscam. I've used this one (and others) to trigger the higher quality PTZ's to various presets. (Unfortunately I didn't have any of this set up last night)

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No way, just a cheap 640x480 Foscam. I've used this one (and others) to trigger the higher quality PTZ's to various presets. (Unfortunately I didn't have any of this set up last night)
Call CIS guys they'll recreate a full hi res plate number from a 3x3 pixels square ;-)

But do you know if some neighbours do have CCTV pointing to the street too ? may be they recorded a better view of this car ?

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
$1814 worth of damage. Insurance has a $500 deductible. I'll be searching the threads for LPR cams and installs. What do you recommend?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you check for any neighbour or public camera around ?

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you check for any neighbour or public camera around ?
Yes I reached out to the city, street department, police department, and my neighbor. None of them had anything better than what I had. Their cameras only captured blur, had a wider field of view, or were not recording.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I reached out to the city, street department, police department, and my neighbor. None of them had anything better than what I had. Their cameras only captured blur, had a wider field of view, or were not recording.
They just all shop at harbour freight

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so where did they pull into? looks like a drive way and the way they turned onto the street and pulled into the driveway they new exactly where they were going. I bet it was you neighbor being dropped of

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so where did they pull into? looks like a drive way and the way they turned onto the street and pulled into the driveway they new exactly where they were going. I bet it was you neighbor being dropped of
The layout of this property is odd (see the attached image). We've get people thinking this is a thru street all of the time and turn around; probably 10 cars per day. I've contacted the city to see if they will install a speed bump and additional signage but no luck yet. Will likely be doing this on my own very soon. I too thought maybe it was one of the neighbors getting dropped off but the other cameras I own revealed that the car just pulled in and backed up.

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The layout of this property is odd (see the attached image). We've get people thinking this is a thru street all of the time and turn around; probably 10 cars per day. I've contacted the city to see if they will install a speed bump and additional signage but no luck yet. Will likely be doing this on my own very soon. I too thought maybe it was one of the neighbors getting dropped off but the other cameras I own revealed that the car just pulled in and backed up.
Is it your property? Put up a gate.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
he turned about before that drive, so gate would not had helped and it looks like its shared easement w/neighbors so I highly doubt it.. put up your own signage, perhaps you can paint a fake speed bump onto the road..

Given the layout I think you needa LPR camera, should be pretty simple and since ur on a dead end you can get both ends of most cars off a single camera.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed a dash-cam on my car that runs 24/7. Only facing front but it definitely captures plates when its dark. PPL suck, hope that doesn't happen again.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed a dash-cam on my car that runs 24/7. Only facing front but it definitely captures plates when its dark. PPL suck, hope that doesn't happen again.
What model did you get? I'm in the market for a new one.