Home and away modes

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to get BI to turn on its recording software under certain conditions?

I am trying to setup a vacation mode. I.e. When no one is in the house turn on security recordings. When we are home pause the record.

Obviously, this is not black and white and needs logic.

But just want to see what others have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use profiles. I treat profile 1 as "Away", 2 as "Stay", and 3 as "Disarmed".
I record 24/7 on all 3 profiles, but set profile 1 to send alerts on motion, 2 to send alerts only for exterior cameras, and 3 to send no alerts.
You could also choose whether a particular camera records for each profile, and whether a camera is to be disabled in a profile in case you don't want an interior camera to be active when you are at home.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a video that shows how to tweak these options? YouTube isn't showing me what I want. Tia

Do you manually change your profile from the computer, your phone, or webserver?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a video that shows how to tweak these options? YouTube isn't showing me what I want. Tia

Do you manually change your profile from the computer, your phone, or webserver?

Its all explained in the help file. You can use the mobile app or the pc server to change profiles or set a schedule.
You can also stop recording and alerts by using the traffic signal in the mobile app.
You can use the mobile app with geofencing to change profiles when you leave/arrive.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This post may help... https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5009-Need-help-with-schedules-profiles?highlight=profiles

I have my home automation systems, Vera at one location, and SmartThings at another, set up so that they can switch to a different Blue Iris profile to match what is going on with the home automation system, like arming/disarming door, window, and motion sensors. I also sometimes manually switch to a different profile using the Android app if I want to suspend alert notifications for awhile.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I'll look it over. Thanks!