Home camera install

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing cameras on the last house that I lived after being there for about 6 years. We moved two years later, but I really came to rely on them and enjoy having a good system to check on things when I wasn't home. We have been in this new house for about 6 months and I finally started to install cameras on it just before Irma hit us. Last week I picked up the project again and wanted to put up a few pics of how I am doing things. It's a concrete house with a concrete roof and attic spce in the middle of the house where the a/c duct runs. The only option was to run pipe all the way around the house and mount the cameras to boxes. I have a utility pole in the front yard where my electric service is dropped and meter is mounted. The builder ran a cat5 cable from that pole into the center of the house along with a coax cable for internet and tv. I was able to pull several more cat5 cables over to the pole to use for cameras. The pole gives me a good shot both ways down the road and covers our driveway. These are Dahua 3MP motorized zoom bullets and the HikVision 4MP 2.8mm mini dome with the built in mic. I am using a Dahua 4K 16 channel NVR w/o PoE and a NetGear 16channel - 8PoE Prosafe switch for now.cameras1.jpg cameras5.jpg cameras2.jpg cameras3.jpg cameras4.jpg cameras6.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The Utility Company lets you mount on their poles ? Looks Good.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing cameras on the last house that I lived after being there for about 6 years. We moved two years later, but I really came to rely on them and enjoy having a good system to check on things when I wasn't home. We have been in this new house for about 6 months and I finally started to install cameras on it just before Irma hit us. Last week I picked up the project again and wanted to put up a few pics of how I am doing things. It's a concrete house with a concrete roof and attic spce in the middle of the house where the a/c duct runs. The only option was to run pipe all the way around the house and mount the cameras to boxes. I have a utility pole in the front yard where my electric service is dropped and meter is mounted. The builder ran a cat5 cable from that pole into the center of the house along with a coax cable for internet and tv. I was able to pull several more cat5 cables over to the pole to use for cameras. The pole gives me a good shot both ways down the road and covers our driveway. These are Dahua 3MP motorized zoom bullets and the HikVision 4MP 2.8mm mini dome with the built in mic. I am using a Dahua 4K 16 channel NVR w/o PoE and a NetGear 16channel - 8PoE Prosafe switch for now.View attachment 22649 View attachment 22650 View attachment 22651 View attachment 22652 View attachment 22653 View attachment 22654
Hi Bababouy,

Looks good. Looks like minimal damage from Irma.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, Its well within our property line and only has our meter, disconnect and comcast box on it. There were cables run there during construction so thats what gave me the idea, otherwise, I would have gone off of the house only.