Home Security,Blue Iris- Night Vision and Motion detection important.

Reaction score
Going to put 5 or 6 cameras up. Cost is not a huge factor but i dont want to spend $500 per camera if possible. Gonna cover the entire area around my house. Im not as concerned with Identifying intruders as I am in just knowing they are there, and being notified about it. Would love for the cameras to have good night vision, the Starlights are obviously an option. I would also like the notifications sent to my phone, tablet etc. Thanks for any input. Im sure its been covered many times but i cant locate this exact scenario on the forums. And glad to join the forum, lots of interesting stuff on here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Going to put 5 or 6 cameras up. Cost is not a huge factor but i dont want to spend $500 per camera if possible. Gonna cover the entire area around my house. Im not as concerned with Identifying intruders as I am in just knowing they are there, and being notified about it. Would love for the cameras to have good night vision, the Starlights are obviously an option. I would also like the notifications sent to my phone, tablet etc. Thanks for any input. Im sure its been covered many times but i cant locate this exact scenario on the forums. And glad to join the forum, lots of interesting stuff on here.
Welcome Loydchristmas

Definitely check out the notes
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

Also look at the alarm section - as there should be good info there to help you w/re to your goal of "detect, alert, and notify"