Honeywell Camera Model 3mp HBD3PR1 add to non Honeywell NVR

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Honeywell cameras connecting to a non Honeywell NVR?
I have Camera Model 3mp HBD3PR1 Honeywell brand and they connect to Montavue POE NVR ok but black screens.
Messed with it for a few hours, headed back Friday to try more.
If I change it from Private to ONVIF it takes the password and gets a green ball showing connected.
I just can not figure why it shows black screens.
Encoding is set to H264
Just lost for now.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I looked up that model, Honeywell is rebranding dahua cams and that looks like one of them. I assume you had no issue logging on direct and messing with the settings, One thing comes to mind, have you tried to view the sub stream of that cam on the nvr? I know a few times I had something like that going on and when I clicked to the substream the picture came up, to be honest, I think it may have been my Video output settings on the NVR, I had them set to high and with the monitor I was using could not view the main stream because of monitor limitations. Not sure thats going on in this case but worth poking around your NVR settings and see what resolution its set at.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am headed to the customers again today with the laptop to log in to the camera and check settings. I tried remotely viewing cam sub and main stream and was black. My guess is a codec setting mismatch because the camera connects ok just a black screen for now. Will update my findings

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To update, problem seems to of been Hacker got in the old Honeywell NVR system and turned all the camera settings down to 0 the sliders for brightness contrast and so on to the minimum settings.
I have heard of a few this past year with Dahua firmware in DVRs and NVRs that hackers seemed to get in and make these changes.
So set the cameras to default and BAM they displayed.