Honeywell Lynx GSM services

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the market for an alarm system that can send SMS alerts and possibly push notifications without a monitoring service. so these alerts would be directly between the panel and myself or other family/friends I add to a list. Can the Lynx do this with its GSM module? And possibly push notifications with its wifi module?

Appreciate any feedback

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
so these alerts would be directly between the panel and myself or other family/friends I add to a list. Can the Lynx do this with its GSM module? And possibly push notifications with its wifi module? Appreciate any feedback
No, the self contained Lynx panels can not do this. Adding an IP module, GSM Module, or WiFi Module will only allow them to interface with Alarmnet or a 3rd party provider that supports Alarmnet. You are NOT able to use these to your advantage for free notifications.

If you have not purchased a Lynx system yet look at the Vista 15p or 20p, the 20P will include wireless, the 15p you will need to add wireless support via an RF keypad. At any rate with the Vista series you can add something like the Eyez On module.
EnvisaLink 4 – Control Your DSC & Honeywell Security System From Your Smart Phone | EyezOn

Here is an example of a kit you may want to consider - it's a 20p with eyez on control module.
Honeywell Self Monitoring Kit-*NO MONTHLY FEES*- Vista 20p, 6160RF, EnvisaLink 4, Battery, Siren, (3) 5816WMWH, (1) 5800PIR-RES, (1) 5834-4 Wireless Key Transmitter

Here are all their kits - look at the ones near the bottom that include a 20p and Envisalink module. FREE SHIPPING on All Products! Honeywell Vista Panels, Lynx Panels

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed response, that would have been an even a nicer setup using a newer more interactive panel, but still serves the purpose of self monitoring, as long as the eyezon service doesn't shut down or decides to collect in the future.