Honeywell spun off residential security business to Resideo

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last fall Honeywell completed the spin off Honeywell Homes and ADI Global business to a new company: Resideo
This includes their thermostats and home security & automation business.

Honeywell commercial security remains part of Honeywell. The commercial security line includes the Vista 40/50P/250BPT/128BPT. The fate of the Vista 20P is less clear, but there are enough deployed I imagine it will continue to be supported for quite some time.

News / Press releases:
Welcome to Resideo – The New Company Name Of Our Soon-To-Spin-Off Homes Business
Honeywell Home products will be sold by a new company - Resideo | Digital Trends

Some new Resideo security systems are supposedly slated for release in Q2 2019.
This video is the only public info I've found on the new panels:

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amusingly, the typo variant of the new business name residio.com is not registered to the new company.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last year I read a blog post that the new systems are supposed to combine the features of the Vista series and the Lyric panels. I also heard that Resideo is releasing an AT&T and Verizon LTE versions of the dual path communicators for the Vista panels. So hopefully this means they'll continue to support the Vista series. The current 4G dual path communicators (iGMSV4G) and the single path communicator (GSMV4G) are going to stop working when AT&T shuts down its 3G network in February of 2022.