HOSAFE 1mD1 1.3MP 720p, need help getting Blue IRIS to work

jerjac25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So I just picked up two of these cameras.

Their included software works fine but Blue Iris refuses to bring up the stream from them.

I have their IP static (192.168.99.74) for the first one.

I have tried entering variations of /user=###&password=###&channel=1&stream=0

I have tried with and without the .sdp at the end. I have added in //rstp/192.168.99.74:554

and different ports I have tried assigning the media stream.

I have tried about half the brand/model list in blue Iris (and of course the generic RTSP H.264, also tried all listings for Dahua and Hikvision).

This camera is supposed to be ONVIF compatible.

This thing is kicking my butt trying to get it to work in Blue Iris, and all I get is no signal, RTSP: 404 Stream not present.

For lack of a better way to explain what I purchased. here is a copy paste (I figured links were not allowed)

HOSAFE 1MD1 1.3MP Megapixel 720P HD Outdoor Infrared Night Vision IP Dome Network Security Surveillance Camera Metal Housing, Onvif Support Dahua Hikvision NVR (white)

• H.264 720P waterproof Day and Night Outdoor Metal Dome Camera
  • HD 1.3Megapixel 1280x720P 30fps
  • 3.6mm Megapixel Lens
  • Remote view/ take photo/record by phone/Ipad
  • Support ONVIF, perfect working with Dahua Hikvision NVR

Anyone have any last ideas before I send these back (I am hoping not to since the streams are great quality, for a sub $50 camera).

thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the address of the camera you are trying to access set to 192.168.99.74? if so, what is the ip address of your router?

jerjac25

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out (finally).

It was of course the path settings keeping my camera from working. Here is what I did for anyone else having problems with this camera in Blue Iris. This was a bit of a choir figuring this all out since there is no documentation included, the CD has no instructions other then use their software and select auto for everything.

After you establish and verify your IP address settings, username and password.

These are the settings I used (which are the default out of the box)

HTTP port: 8099
Media/video/RTSP port: 554
Make/model: RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4
path: live0.264
Camera:1

I use anamorphic, blend weaved (de-interlacing), 1280x720 at 25.00 fps and 4096 kbs (default is 2048).

mepel

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured it out (finally).

It was of course the path settings keeping my camera from working. Here is what I did for anyone else having problems with this camera in Blue Iris. This was a bit of a choir figuring this all out since there is no documentation included, the CD has no instructions other then use their software and select auto for everything.

After you establish and verify your IP address settings, username and password.

These are the settings I used (which are the default out of the box)

HTTP port: 8099
Media/video/RTSP port: 554
Make/model: RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4
path: live0.264
Camera:1

I use anamorphic, blend weaved (de-interlacing), 1280x720 at 25.00 fps and 4096 kbs (default is 2048).
Hi,
Have you had any issues with these cameras and them working with blue iris? How is the quality?
I'm thinking about picking some up but can't find any reviews.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
Have you had any issues with these cameras and them working with blue iris? How is the quality?
I'm thinking about picking some up but can't find any reviews.
Don't intentionally buy no name cameras.. Look at hikvision or dahua..

Sent via Taptalk

mepel

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't intentionally buy no name cameras.. Look at hikvision or dahua..

Sent via Taptalk
But this is half the price or less of a comparable hikvision camera. If they offer similar performance, I would be happier getting the cheaper variant and more of them instead of fewer of the more expensive ones, especially since I'm on the fence about getting any cameras to begin with.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But this is half the price or less of a comparable hikvision camera. If they offer similar performance, I would be happier getting the cheaper variant and more of them instead of fewer of the more expensive ones, especially since I'm on the fence about getting any cameras to begin with.
They do not offer similar performance. Setting aside reliability and image quality they dont even offer true poe...so you will have to mess with silly adapters that cannot be used over long distances...if you dont want to spend money on a system, then dont do it at all. You are better off with a single good camera than 5 crappy ones. 1.3mp dahuas can be had for about 65 dollars via ali...