How can I find my RTSP string? Missing IP manufacturer

roof55

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks.
A cheep one "low lux" ip cam from China are arrived, but get tricy task to obtain stream to my Blue Iris software.
This is main info:
Running in CMS h.264,
Device system ver.: V4.02.R12.00006531.10010.1308-Build Date: 2015-01-17 15:47:50
MAC ADR.: 00 12 12 53 ad 40

Device allowed port changed, to 8000, but Blue Iris set a question to "NOT OPEN PORT" (RTSP)?
Inspecting result in Blue Iris:
HTTP request...
OK
GetCapabilities...
No response
Opening port 8000...
GetCapabilities...
No response
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

So, I hope some can give me some advice like Params, when this string not give positive result:

rtsp://10.0.0.40:554/user=admin&password=XXXXXXX&channel=1&stream=1.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100 (XXXXXX for PSW).

Any volunteers (?), thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the camera is even slightly ONVIF compatible, the excellent Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net will query the camera and tell you lots about it.
The RTSP string can be seen at the bottom of the Live Video page. The ONVIF port can be seen in the URI at the bottom of the Identification page.

*Edit* prove out the RTSP string with VLC.

roof55

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeeh, the mention RTSP string was present to VCL player, and the stream was successful monitored. So, stranger why Blue Iris couldn't manage the live stream in same way, when same RTSP string was in use(?). Next step, make a query for RTSP information due to a test suggestion by ONVIF Device Manager.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeeh, the mention RTSP string was present to VCL player, and the stream was successful monitored. So, stranger why Blue Iris couldn't manage the live stream in same way, when same RTSP string was in use(?). Next step, make a query for RTSP information due to a test suggestion by ONVIF Device Manager.
If you are able to use the stream in vlc it will work in blue iris...please post a screen shot of how you are entering the url in blue iris

roof55

n3wb
Reaction score

This URL leeds you to the log in Params for Blue Iris: http://1drv.ms/1FQbjkq
And here you see the successful entering in VCL: http://1drv.ms/1QnZSUn

Two possible RSTP string are figured out:
rtsp://10.0.0.40:554/user=admin&password=[present]&channel=1&stream=1.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100 is the VCL string, and give access to the stream.

Other one, configured in ONVIF MANAGER witch give live stream (In OnVif manager program):rtsp://10.0.0.40:554/user=admin_password=WM9zm2pa_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

Both one are tried out in Blue Iris, but "No signal" is the result, including the error code RTSP 451: http://1drv.ms/1KMO8HE

Unconditional, I must make some mistakes in Blue Iris setting, but I've tried out many alternative solutions with tick boxes for choice. This ip cam have a possible to entering without using password ("faxe =password=WM9zm2pa"), else, only username as admin. In this case box for password in Blue Iris shod be set as blank, the password are present in the string (faxe one. I was trying out both possibility.

Could this information give some sense to figured out next step?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@roof55 In blue iris, remove rtsp and the ip from the path...
In the path section (not params, leave that empty) start from /userxxxxxxx
Also just in case put the password in on the top right, but it shoudnt matter..