How did you mount your Dahua IP Cameras?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It's relatively easy to pull on a camera mounted via plastic anchors and phillips screws. I thought about using torx instead, but the ease of pulling out a camera is still relatively easy since nothing securing from behind it. I settled on #10 bolts with nuts (to secure from behind), but couldn't find the length I needed--might need to resort to longer carriage bolts. Any suggestions for a secure fitment?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
:D What if "I" was carrying something long and knocked it out of place because the Phillips screws just weren't enough? There's nothing really securing the cameras from behind. Those screws that go into the plastic anchors do not come out from the other side.

No one steals cameras...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's relatively easy to pull on a camera mounted via plastic anchors and phillips screws. I thought about using torx instead, but the ease of pulling out a camera is still relatively easy since nothing securing from behind it. I settled on #10 bolts with nuts (to secure from behind), but couldn't find the length I needed--might need to resort to longer carriage bolts. Any suggestions for a secure fitment?
Yeah, I've never heard of anyone stealing the cameras lol. They are going for jewelry and electronics, and maybe pills, possibly power tools

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It wasn't mean to be in terms of that context, I meant making sure the camera doesn't dislodge because of external forces, like act of nature or even by accident (i.e. smacking camera with a ladder), lol

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It wasn't mean to be in terms of that context, I meant making sure the camera doesn't dislodge because of external forces, like act of nature or even by accident (i.e. smacking camera with a ladder), lol
Use deck screws, I went with 1 3/4" I think that sommabich ain't goin no where. Make sure you drill pilot holes.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
And add a nut and washer behind it, right? :D
Went to both HD and Lowes, and they all gave me that weird look. Where in the world do you find extra long #10 bolts, lol

Use deck screws, I went with 1 3/4" I think that sommabich ain't goin no where. Make sure you drill pilot holes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
:D What if "I" was carrying something long and knocked it out of place because the Phillips screws just weren't enough? There's nothing really securing the cameras from behind. Those screws that go into the plastic anchors do not come out from the other side.
I dont understand the problem..the plastic anchors are for sheetrock wall mounting, it wont come out easily.....otherwise screw it into whatever surface your are mounting it into...use whatever screws you wish that fit...no idea why you would need or want to secure it from the other side..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd prefer the added reinforcement, cameras are a bit on the bulky side, not the standard mini-bullet
I dont understand the problem..the plastic anchors are for sheetrock wall mounting, it wont come out easily.....otherwise screw it into whatever surface your are mounting it into...use whatever screws you wish that fit...no idea why you would need or want to secure it from the other side..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Three bolts, three washers, and the three nuts, per camera, am I overdoing it? :D
And you want to drill all the way through an use nuts? im sorry but that is nuts.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
am I overdoing it? :D
pfft, not until you replace your jam with a 1/2" thick piece of AR500 plate steel anchored to steel re-enforced concrete at least 3 feet thick, then weld the cameras to it, and xray the welds to verify bonding will it be secure enough to hold up the terrible stresses that a pound and a half electronics will put on it.

or you could just use some deck screws like everyone else..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
pfft, not until you replace your jam with a 1/2" thick piece of AR500 plate steel anchored to steel re-enforced concrete at least 3 feet thick, then weld the cameras to it, and xray the welds to verify bonding will it be secure enough to hold up the terrible stresses that a pound and a half electronics will put on it.

or you could just use some deck screws like everyone else..
Buhahaha.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do realize you shouldn't be using the plastic anchors in wood? That's why they make "wood screws". Don't over think it.