How Do I Adjust Shutter Speed

MrN1ce9uy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using Dahua IP Camera IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight, how do I adjust Shutter Speed? I don't see it anywhere in the settings.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you logging directly into the camera, not the NVR right?

In the camera web interface its under "Conditions"

MrN1ce9uy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you logging directly into the camera, not the NVR right?

In the camera web interface its under "Conditions"
Awesome, found it!

What do you set your shutter speed? I see the default on these cameras is 1/25, and that is quite blurry when moving objects are in the picture.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
trial and error ;) Depends on the location, light or lack thereof.... take baby steps, try 1/60, 1/120
Plus it also depends on day or night. Sun or shade with quick changes between light and dark, ir on or off at night. It really is trial and error and location / light depending :)

Last edited:

nzclick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im rather inexperienced, and i have searched and cant find what im after or else in not following it well , but i have a good dahua nvr and a mix if 6 and 8 mp dome and bullet cameras also all dahua, but i can't manage to find how to adjust the shutter speed on the cameras via the nvr or the phone app ? help :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You adjust the shutter on the cameras themselves. Not on the NVR or the phone

nzclick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply, i currently have some domes and bullet cams 4 each of, IPC-HDBW5831R-ZE & IPC-HFW5631E-ZE.
i assume then that the cameras must then be opened to adjust the shutter speed ? can anyone give me some instructions how to or point me where to find some ? thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No

What is your NVR model # ?

You access the cameras web interface.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so your NVR has a built-in PoE switch.

You do know how to get to the Web interface of your NVR? Yes? (Open a browser and go to 192.168.1.108 unless you've changed it)

Now once ion your NVR, go to the Registration Page. See the blue IE icons? Those are the links to your cameras.
Click on it and it will open the web interface of your camera. (Unless you changed it the login will be "admin" and the password same as your NVR)

POE-NVR-AccessCameras.jpg

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good explanation, I tried to explain this to another member. It's not easy to put the words to what really needs to be done in reality.

nzclick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bigredfish, thanks for the help, i think i have made some good progress, i think the guy that installed the cameras had changed the 192.168.1.108 number, but i got the one in the phone app and it worked. i think i now have a web interface as you call it working on the computer and the page and options looks like your screenshot thanks. However when i go to setup and click on the blue IE icons or modify, i get the same box open labelled "modify" that doesn't seem to do anything, the connect, ok and cancel buttons all seem active, but the SETUP button doesnt seem live and the connect button while it seems active does nothing either, am i making a novice mistake ? cheersIMG_20191203_121708.jpgIMG_20191203_122145.jpgIMG_20191203_122145.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Progress!

Can you show us a screen shot of that Registration page without the pop up box?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes
So the popup is the login information for the camera. Typically that popup appears when you click the pencil icon.

The blue IE icon should launch another browser and the camera login screen.

Are you using the IE browser?

nzclick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the help. i have to put my hand up and admit that i was using chrome, so guess that's why the IE link didn't work. So having used my IP in the IE , i had complete success and it looks like what you had and the IE link opened when i was in setup and i could even find the setting tab to change the shutter speed thank you !
However, i have created a new problem - i currently have 7 of my 8 cameras set up on the nvr by the installer. when i went into each of them it was obvious that the installer had made the password on 5 of the 7 my correct password and 2 or maybe 3 were the default password. So i changed them to my password in the modify ( pencil ) and thought well done. Wrong. now the 4 -5 cams that the installer originally installed with my password work and i can open their IE tab with my password and open the setting and alter shutter if i wanted ( i only want to try altering one specific camera for number plates ) the problem is the 2 - 3 i changed the password on ( thinking i was doing good ) after having got the web interface working wont open when i hit the IE button, the IE tab only shows com.login on the top of the IE tab and nothing opens in that IE tab :-( can i somehow reset the web interface and start again so that it recognises the passwords it has now ? changing one password back to the default back didnt fix the problem. if i have made too big a mess be blunt :) and ill have to get the installer back and suck up his fees ,

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hard reset the camera.
Open the back of the camera and hold the little button down. The little green light should flash, usually takes a few seconds. If that doesn't work you may have to search the forums to find the correct way for your model number.