How do I get BlueIris to autotrack with my Hikvision darkfighter speed dome

Reaction score
it seems no matter what I do when the camera passes a set point it stops right there. firmware is up to date. I tried deleting and adding new setpoints but to no avail. I know the camera software can do different day and night time patrols with auto tracking but I would love have full control is blueiris if that is even possible.
I have included a little video of what it is doing.
thanks Mike

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris does not do auto tracking. That is done through the cameras settings only if your camera supports it (not all PTZ have autotracking). All you have done there is move to a present when motion is detected

Reaction score
Blue Iris does not do auto tracking. That is done through the cameras settings only if your camera supports it (not all PTZ have autotracking). All you have done there is move to a present when motion is detected
is there a way to auto track with blue iris recording it? or do I have to use one or the other?

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Setup autotracking through the cameras settings... aka type camera IP address in address bar in Chrome or whatever browser.

Blue Iris will record whatever the camera sees including autotracking

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can I set auto tracking up in the camera's firmware and have blue iris record an event ? should i use the camera's software to set patrols up too and not use BI for that?
For any programmed PTZ movement I always use camera side settings and NOT blue iris. This helps keeps any conflicting ptz commands to a minimum.

Reaction score
well after removing the setpoints I lost all pzt control of that camera. so I deleted that camera and reinstalled it still no control. it only records motion but I would love to be able to manually zoom and pan the camera from BI