How do I remotely take a 'snapshot'

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a use case where I need to send an http: command to BI4 to take a JPEG snapshot on a specific camera. Not wanting to trigger the camera. Would produce the same results as would when you right click a camera and click snapshot.

I know I can trigger them. But can find anywhere about taking a snapshot.

Can this be done?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a use case where I need to send an http: command to BI4 to take a JPEG snapshot on a specific camera. Not wanting to trigger the camera. Would produce the same results as would when you right click a camera and click snapshot.

I know I can trigger them. But can find anywhere about taking a snapshot.

Can this be done?
The Web Server

Scroll down to the bottom.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to force BI to take a snapshot. In the camera Record tab I already have it taking a snapshot every 60 minutes and it then FTPs it to a remote site. I am trying to do the same but remotely and on-demand. The trigger works but it uses the naming established in the Post tab. I want to use the naming from the Record tab which is why I am trying to get this to work.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to force BI to take a snapshot. In the camera Record tab I already have it taking a snapshot every 60 minutes and it then FTPs it to a remote site. I am trying to do the same but remotely and on-demand. The trigger works but it uses the naming established in the Post tab. I want to use the naming from the Record tab which is why I am trying to get this to work.
there is a command that will pull a snapshot, I dunno if you can trigger one.