How do I transfer license to new computer when old one crashed?

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I need help setting up Blue Iris on a new computer. The old one is fried. Also, does anyone have a customer service number for Blue Iris. I sent an email to them, received a very short reply, but it didn't really answer my question AND it took 24 hours to answer me. I need to get our cameras up and running again immediately. :mad-new:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need help setting up Blue Iris on a new computer. The old one is fried. Also, does anyone have a customer service number for Blue Iris. I sent an email to them, received a very short reply, but it didn't really answer my question AND it took 24 hours to answer me. I need to get our cameras up and running again immediately. :mad-new:
Welcome to the forum..there is no phone number. Blue iris is developed and supported by one person..there is no way he can provide phone support.
I dont know that there is anything he could do if you lost your license key...where did you buy from?

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
We bought it online through MyCommerce (A Digital River Company). I have the license code. I kept a print out of all the info.

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded Blue Iris 4 and started the registration process. I entered the license code but the "Next" button doesn't become highlighted. Can't click on it to continue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded Blue Iris 4 and started the registration process. I entered the license code but the "Next" button doesn't become highlighted. Can't click on it to continue.
Is your license for BI4? or the older BI3?
Have you entered it correctly? (I dont recall but you may have to enter the dashes)

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the version on the old computer. We purchased it in March of this year. I downloaded 4.0 on to the new computer. I tried entering the code with and without dashes and nothing works.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the version on the old computer. We purchased it in March of this year. I downloaded 4.0 on to the new computer. I tried entering the code with and without dashes and nothing works.
did you old version have the timeline on the bottom?
Double check the code and ensure you are not confusing an zero for an O...or any other errors.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK.. That's why it wasn't working, download 3.66... If you purchased in March of 2015 the seller deceived you... There were some unscrupulous sellers like foscam digital technology selling old versions...
Contact support and provide a proof of purchase and he will send you a free upgrade to 4. If he doesn't then contact your credit card company to dispute the charge. In the future always purchase from the developer at blueirissoftware.com

Sent via Taptalk

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I download 3.66? I don't see a link on Blue Iris. Sorry, I just don't understand all this stuff and my tech guy is out. Thank you for your help.

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I already did that. I installed 4. But, I don't want to upgrade. I simply want the old version. And I'm guessing it's not possible and I'll have to purchase the new one, correct? Maddening!

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I already did that. I installed 4. But, I don't want to upgrade. I simply want the old version. And I'm guessing it's not possible and I'll have to purchase the new one, correct? Maddening!
Well, I feel like saying - if you can't follow simple instructions, you probably shouldn't be installing this software... Did you read the part about scrolling down to the bottom of the page? If you did, you would have seen this - note the LARGE BLUE BUTTON with 3.66 on it

But I won't Here is a direct link

http://www.blueirissoftware.com/blueiris_36600.exe

Attachments

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm busted. Gotta admit it....frustration got the better of me and I did not scroll down. Thank you for being so patient with a technologically challenged old gal. Will uninstall 4...download and install 3 and pray to the computer gods that they show mercy on me!

Thanks again!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm busted. Gotta admit it....frustration got the better of me and I did not scroll down. Thank you for being so patient with a technologically challenged old gal. Will uninstall 4...download and install 3 and pray to the computer gods that they show mercy on me!

Thanks again!
I understand wanting to get it up and running, but if you paid for 4 you should get 4....there are security enhancements and feature improvements in 4. You will also be privy to the new features added regularly.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand wanting to get it up and running, but if you paid for 4 you should get 4....there are security enhancements and feature improvements in 4. You will also be privy to the new features added regularly.
I think @JRJ was previously running version 3.X and not 4.X (look at the reply to your question on which version JRJ is running, @fenderman a couple posts up).

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think @JRJ was previously running version 3.X and not 4.X (look at the reply to your question on which version JRJ is running, @fenderman a couple posts up).
yes, but she also said that it was purchased in march of this year - 4 has been out since December 2014....if thats the case the seller sold her an old version and with proof of purchase ken usually supplies the license code for 4...its a shame these sellers get away with this crap..that's why I suggested disputing it with the credit card company...

JRJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Sheesh! This has not been my day. I called my old computer guy back after reading your comments about shady sellers. And, of course, I misunderstood him! Software was purchased in 2014 NOT 2015. So, the old version is definitely what we ordered. And Blue Iris sent me a coupon if I wanted to upgrade to 4. Very nice gesture.

I appreciate everyone holding my hand through this. Multi-tasking with regular work stuff and trying to figure out this technology problem just overloaded my pea brain circuit board today!

Thanks everyone!