How does 'Net Alarm' and/or 'Alarm Centre/Server' work? [SOLVED]

hdo27

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to use the 'Net Alarm' feature of Dahua NVR?

As far as i understand with this you can configure alarm actions triggered by an event on the network.
I'm asking this because maybe it's possible to integrate a Dahua NVR with my home automating system where several PIR motion sensors are already integrated.

My idea is to send an alarm event via network to the NVR so the NVR can trigger Snapshots or start recording.

I wasn't able to find any information about this on the internet.

hdo26

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I know this API but in this there is no mention about 'Alarm Centre' nor 'Net Alarm' :-(

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I know this API but in this there is no mention about 'Alarm Centre' nor 'Net Alarm' :-(
Those terms may have been used to describe the old "Alarm Server" that they got rid of in 2013, I don't remember for sure.

hdo27

n3wb
Reaction score
I found some references regarding 'Net Alarm' in their SDK documentation but there is no dedicated example for that. However i also found some hints about 'Alarm Centre'. Usually a client has to subscribe to the IPC/NVR to get notification about alarm and motion events. I did that back for my Dahua cam with a simple 'telnet' request:
With the 'Alarm Server' there is no need to subscribe to events from the client side. The client opens a port and listen to incoming packets. I think this is the alarm server implementation they are refering to. I just ordered my first NVR and can't wait to fiddle those out.

hdo27

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally received my NVR5216-4KS2. Big thanks to Andy and his shop for the great service. This was the fastest shipment i ever experienced (just 7 days to Germany). The device is great and it works much much better than surveillance station on my Synology NAS.

I had some time with this and did finally found out how to trigger a Net Alarm. In the SDK there was an example called 'Device Control And Time Synchronization'. With this i was able to trigger an alarm via network. However you're still limited to th amount of physical alarm input of your device. Basically what you could do with this is to trigger an alarm input without having to establish any physical connection to the alarm input of the NVR. I need this to hook up my home automation system to the NVR. The NVR is recording 24/7 and i like to tag motion events from my home automation system in the timeline of the recordings.

I posted a minimal application for triggering a net alarm on github:

Unfortunately the code is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi since only Windows and Linux (x86) is supported by the SDK.

Note: I found out that 'Alarm Centre' or 'Alarm Server' is not related to 'Net Alarm'.

Attachments