How does push notifications work?

Nopea

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone please explain how the Hikvision push notification work? Setup is the simplest possible and as follows: a fairly new 4Mp ColorVu + iVMS-4500 (iPhone).

It seems that there is some (Chinese) server involved, which takes care of delivering the push notification from the IP camera to the phone. It has been verified that the IP camera does send a notify surveillance centre message. I know this becuase I use it in Node Red to trigger outdoor lights. However, nothing shows up in iVMS-4500, nothing, even though live view and playback work fine.

Any tips or links to relevant documentation would be much appreciate.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Could someone please explain how the Hikvision push notification work? Setup is the simplest possible and as follows: a fairly new 4Mp ColorVu + iVMS-4500 (iPhone).

It seems that there is some (Chinese) server involved, which takes care of delivering the push notification from the IP camera to the phone. It has been verified that the IP camera does send a notify surveillance centre message. I know this becuase I use it in Node Red to trigger outdoor lights. However, nothing shows up in iVMS-4500, nothing, even though live view and playback work fine.

Any tips or links to relevant documentation would be much appreciate.
Hikvision server is on AMAZON AWS, there are more than 1 for each region. If you are using Cloud based solution and not dyndns. Use Hik-Connect app.

Make sure you gave permissions to app. And check settings inside app that notifications are not disabled.

Kind regards

Nopea

n3wb
Reaction score
Could someone please explain how the process of pairing a specific camera with a specific Hik-Connect app works?

nottooloud

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In my case, it doesn't, so far.

I’ve used my Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS as a doorbell for several years, getting a notification from iVMS 4500 on my phone whenever there was a motion event. Notifications have become increasingly unreliable over the last year, and now stopped altogether. I am trying EZVIZ as a notification replacement.

I add a device,
enter the serial number of the camera,
press OK,
EZVIZ retrieves the correct camera info,
check powered on,
press next,
press Connected,
get The device network is bing configured,
wait patiently until 90%,
get a message that connecting to network failed,
and a message to Contact Customer Support.
Customer Support has not replied.

Camera is definitely working, recording events to my NVR, visible in Hik-Connect and in the browser.