How i can connect to another pc ?

PewPew

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i have 3 cameras connected to pc, and all working. And i wanted to know how i can watch it from another pc, from another place?another city ? maybe where is some guide?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...when you say connected to a pc are you running any camera software on it?

PewPew

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, i runnning 3cameras, on one server pc. I can watch, record and etc. Ivms4200. I just want to know how i can watch it from another pc anytime?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You either need to set up a VPN (this is the most secure method) so that you can connect directly to the network or set up port forwarding for each camera so you can view them remotely.

PewPew

n3wb
Reaction score
You either need to set up a VPN (this is the most secure method) so that you can connect directly to the network or set up port forwarding for each camera so you can view them remotely.
You don't uderstand. I just want to connect and watch my cameras, i dont want to use VPN or other.
I just want to know i can connect with iVMS-4200 Client to my server or no ? i using hikvision cameras, all working, i can see all from my server pc in office . But i want to see my cameras, from another city, from another pc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do understand. To do what you want to do, you need to do what i stated earlier...Either VPN or port forward...there is no way around it....ivms has no webserver..you need to connect directly to the cameras...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to search the forum and google to how to port forward...or how to set up vpn...if you will be using ivms on the remote system i believe you only need to port forward port 8000 (media port), but you will have to change the media port to 8001, 8002 for the second and third cameras...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Remote desktop is only available on the pro versions of windows (the server pc has to be windows pro, the client can be a home version) it would still require port forwarding or vpn so he may as well port the cameras or vpn and have full control on the second pc

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Remote desktop (built into Windows) would be a poor choice (poor video playback, and it takes just as much work to set up).

Try Splashtop Personal http://www.splashtop.com/

This won't require anything complicated like VPN or port forwarding and it will likely work a lot better than direct camera access anyway, unless you have really fast upload where your server is located.

Antitrust

n3wb
Reaction score
Configure dynamic dns on each camera, install ivms4200 on the remote pc and add the cameras using the ddns info.