How to: access Chinese devices from iVMS-4200

polaris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just found out how to access Chinese devices from iVMS-4200. It seems like Hikvision made a mistake while packaging iVMS-4200 Lite and enabled this functionality out of the box! Nevertheless, same applies to "full" iVMS-4200 version.

Step 1:
Open Setup.xml file, which is located in the iVMS-4200 installation folder with any text editor (eg. notepad)
Step 2:
Change <Value>0</Value> to <Value>1</Value> under <Translator>
Step 3:
Save file and enjoy

This works, by changing currently set language (English - 0) to (Chinese - 1), but since iVMS does not come with Chinese translation files, it falls back to English translation while still acting like Chinese version (allowing to connect to Chinese devices).

Tested with iVMS-4200 Lite (v1.0.0.4) and iVMS-4200 (v2.8.2.2)

Attachments

Reaction score
Just found out how to access Chinese devices from iVMS-4200. It seems like Hikvision made a mistake while packaging iVMS-4200 Lite and enabled this functionality out of the box! Nevertheless, same applies to "full" iVMS-4200 version.

Step 1:
Open Setup.xml file, which is located in the iVMS-4200 installation folder with any text editor (eg. notepad)
Step 2:
Change <Value>0</Value> to <Value>1</Value> under <Translator>
Step 3:
Save file and enjoy

This works, by changing currently set language (English - 0) to (Chinese - 1), but since iVMS does not come with Chinese translation files, it falls back to English translation while still acting like Chinese version (allowing to connect to Chinese devices).

Tested with iVMS-4200 Lite (v1.0.0.4) and iVMS-4200 (v2.8.2.2)
Thanks for your help

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this why I can’t view my cameras? Mine were ordered from empire Andy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I applied these fixes and seem to have improvement. Now it is asking for a stream key?

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The stream key is the password you used to encrypt your hikconnect service.
If you're not using hikconnect (please don't) then disable it under the advanced ip settings screen of the cameras /nvr

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using hik connect on my phone. Is there another way to view from my phone?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Set up a vpn to allow you to access your home network from outside.

I think there's a guide or two on the forum.

The problem with hikconnect and any 3rd party service is that it opens up a hole in your network and makes it a lot easier for the auto hack bots to find your system and try to gain entry.

vette-kid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, with hik connect disabled the error goes away. But still no video. I'm beginning to think the computer just may not be up to the task as starting live view instantly pushes the CPU usage between 80-90%. When I select a camera and edit properties, I do see a still image of the cameras view, so data is getting through. I can also do an image capture while in live view and get the image fine, but no live view.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

andrik22

n3wb
Reaction score