How to access v380 video feed on a web browser

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a v380 which requires me to install an app on my iphone in order to see the video feed. However, my phone wont run the application so its totally useless. I wonder if there is any way to see it on the browser.

Thank you.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Based on this it should be possible. Connect to V380 IP cameras

In Blue Iris at the very top of the Network IP camera configuration panel, choose rtsp:// in the dropdown, then in the text box just to the right, put the ip address of the camera followed by /live/ch00_0

e.g. 192.168.0.100/live/ch00_0

If

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you but that would require to install a software on my computer and I need to see the feed on my phone.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I misread. More than likely in order to view the feed in a browser you will need to use a Windows machine and use Internet Explorer or Pale Moon 32 bit and install a browser addon provided by the camera.

Or try ‎IP Cam Viewer Lite and enter the rtsp address much like I described for Blue Iris.

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No worries. Thank you again for your support. I tried the app but it crashes as I open it. I guess my phone is just too old to run it. Is there any other alternate app I can use for this?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No worries. Thank you again for your support. I tried the app but it crashes as I open it. I guess my phone is just too old to run it. Is there any other alternate app I can use for this?
Have you double-pressed your 'Home' button and closed all open apps?
How much free memory do you have ? (Settings, general, About, Available)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That just means I am fucked, right?
I dunno. You could try VLC for iOS.... it's free, use the URL as suggested by @bp2008 as a 'network stream'.
The version for PC is the bomb, I would think the one for iOS would be great too if it'll install on your version.

Only one way to find out!

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will. But first off I want to make sure the method works at all. Lets say I am away from the camera on a computer and I want to see the video feed. The IP I must use is my WAN IP, right?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will. But first off I want to make sure the method works at all. Lets say I am away from the camera on a computer and I want to see the video feed. The IP I must use is my WAN IP, right?
If by "away from my computer" you mean NOT on your local network (LAN), then yes. If that WAN IP is not static you would likely need a hostname supplied by a DDNS service to use in place of the WAN IP. The DDNS service would need to be refreshed in case your WAN IP ever changes and this is best performed, in most cases, by your router. You would also likely need to perform some port forwarding in that router so any request coming in on that port would be forwarded to the camera's LAN IP.....port forwarding is risky and NOT recommended. Instead, using a VPN to achieve access to your LAN from outside is the recommended method to help protect your LAN's integrity.

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thats a nice advice, thank you. But I just encountered a problem prior to that. I cant get the feed by the method stated above even locally. I copied the rtsp address and pasted onto VLC but I get an error that it cant open. No further details are given so I am in the dark and cant tell what went wrong. Maybe the method doesnt work at all for my type of camera? Its a vr-v380-v13-b

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a nice advice, thank you. But I just encountered a problem prior to that. I cant get the feed by the method stated above even locally. I copied the rtsp address and pasted onto VLC but I get an error that it cant open. No further details are given so I am in the dark and cant tell what went wrong. Maybe the method doesnt work at all for my type of camera? Its a vr-v380-v13-b
After several Google Fu sessions I concluded that port 554 in that cam is NOT open for RTSP; one person here found port 5050 for mmcc (multimedia conference control) open by using the Fing app, but no one I found successful in streaming any video.

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the time you are taking with this. I just talked to the developers and they told me its impossible to see the feed anywhere else but on the app. So I guess its game over, isnt?

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That really sucks. I guess the only thing left to do is to buy a different camera.

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi again, I just got a message from the maker that says

The ONVIF protocol port of the V380 camera is 8899.

does it make any sense to you?

supercain

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Live cams pro is the name of the app I have to download on my ios?