How to add more Aux folders?

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 10+ HDD connected to my motherboard and I do not want to use RAID.
Is it possible to use more than 7 Aux folders?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 10+ HDD connected to my motherboard and I do not want to use RAID.
Is it possible to use more than 7 Aux folders?
no. email support and see if he will add more you can use the new stored and alerts folders as aux...so that will give you 10.

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
no. email support and see if he will add more you can use the new stored and alerts folders as aux...so that will give you 10.
Thank you!
With the "New" and "Stored" folders I can have only 9 folders.
You can not use the "Alerts" folder as a regular recorder folder or do I miss something?
By the way as I know it is suggested to have your "Alerts" folder on an SSD and not on a HDD or no?
Furthermore you will need a folder only for the alerts anyway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you!
With the "New" and "Stored" folders I can have only 9 folders.
You can not use the "Alerts" folder as a regular recorder folder or do I miss something?
By the way as I know it is suggested to have your "Alerts" folder on an SSD and not on a HDD or no?
Furthermore you will need a folder only for the alerts anyway.
you are correct it wont let you store in the alerts..alerts folder is not used unless you store high res alert images (set in the record tab) which is pointless..no, alerts should not be stored on an ssd...you are confused between alerts and the database. you will have to combine drives using hardware or software unless he makes the change....BI was never intended to be used with 10+ drives...you likely should be using an enterprise vms.