How to ascertain the snapshot URL

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings. I am having trouble getting the snapshot URL for an ONVIF camera. The camera streams just fine in Blue Iris using the URL that is listed by the Onvif Device Manager.

The streaming URL is:
rtsp://192.168.1.217:554/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

Odd thing is that there is no password set but Onvif Device Manager uses the "password=tlJwpbo6" every time for two (SGB) same brand but different model cameras. A quick google shows this as a root password for the HiSilicon cameras. The camera is accessible with or without that password.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If you change the password from blank then you'll have to change that gobbledygook one to match the actual one though.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try:- http://192.168.1.217/webcapture.jpg?command=snap&channel=1

If that doesn't work, I found it on mine by clicking on the snapshot shown by Onvif device manager with wireshark capturing the stream, then searching for GetSnapshotUriResponse . If odm doesn't show a snapshot onvif's GetSnapshotUri isn't supported.

Thanks so much.
Wireshark is a beast, but once tamed it can really give you the goods.
That and the ODM reference to "not supported" were both a big help.

I really think we are in the good old days of IP cams, just like MS-DOS 3.3. Edlin anyone?

Reaction score
Thanks so much.
Wireshark is a beast, but once tamed it can really give you the goods.
That and the ODM reference to "not supported" were both a big help.

I really think we are in the good old days of IP cams, just like MS-DOS 3.3. Edlin anyone?
Yup, but it was MS-DOS 2.0 when I was using edlin. :wave: