How to Backup configuration in BI?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am about to swap the Regular 500GB HDD to a Solid State Drive SSD and wanted to know if is possibile to save the configuration of the Blue Iris software, so i don't have to go and have to re-enter all the settings
again.

Also anyone knows a free software that will let me transfer/clone from old hdd to a new hdd, all the files? Using win 10.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am about to swap the Regular 500GB HDD to a Solid State Drive SSD and wanted to know if is possibile to save the configuration of the Blue Iris software, so i don't have to go and have to re-enter all the settings
again.

Also anyone knows a free software that will let me transfer/clone from old hdd to a new hdd, all the files? Using win 10.

Thanks!
Yes, you can export the entire config in the blue iris options>about tab

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, you can export the entire config in the blue iris options>about tab
Okay , found it. Did not know that they put it in "About" option...Hmm.
Now, i did a backup and got a file named : "Blue Iris.Reg" is that all the settings, ip,software key registration,all? Just install the software
again and import the .reg file and will be as i have right now?

Thanks!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So i end up doing a fresh win10 install and install all apps again.
BI imported okay and had to re-enter the key.
Now, how do i modify the path for video recording and screen shots , as i see under:
camera properties / video/configure/ video path: /Streaming/Channels/1 Do i need to change that path? as i want to point to my second hard drive now witch is E drive in my case.
As for pictures/screen shots is it the same path or is somewhere else that config?

Appreciate your info and help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So i end up doing a fresh win10 install and install all apps again.
BI imported okay and had to re-enter the key.
Now, how do i modify the path for video recording and screen shots , as i see under:
camera properties / video/configure/ video path: /Streaming/Channels/1 Do i need to change that path? as i want to point to my second hard drive now witch is E drive in my case.
As for pictures/screen shots is it the same path or is somewhere else that config?

Appreciate your info and help.
no, the path you listed is the cameras video feed path.
You need to go to blue iris options>clips and archiving.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have it as: camera1/camera settings/record/
and have boxes checked for: JPEG snapshot each 0:05 only when trigger
Folder: new , checked : use default
>Checked box: Create alert list images when trigger, Store alerts as hi-res files (checked box)
>Checked Queue new clips for backup , Protect (read-only) : No

Those are my settings.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have it as: camera1/camera settings/record/
and have boxes checked for: JPEG snapshot each 0:05 only when trigger
Folder: new , checked : use default
>Checked box: Create alert list images when trigger, Store alerts as hi-res files (checked box)
>Checked Queue new clips for backup , Protect (read-only) : No

Those are my settings.
The alert images will be stored in the alert folder since you selected store high res alert images (this is not needed)..you only really need to check create alerts list images when triggered.The snapshot will go to the folder you select from the dropdown.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do NOT rename the Blue Iris.Reg file, it will freeze when trying to open the software again.

I had a couple revisions and I named one
Blue Iris Dec13.Reg and Blue Iris Dec22.Reg and it froze trying to start Blue Iris.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for letting us know that you cannot change the name of a blueiris reg file. I kust ran into this issue trying to restore a system that was critical I could not for the life of me figurre out why it wouldnt start back up.