How to batch update new cameras?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I have quite a few new G1 cameras that I need to update, all of them are defaulted.

I can not update them with Hikvision's TFTP, since it does not support files larger than 32Mb. In fact, the cameras (DS-2CD2143G0-I) do not even seem to try to connect to Hikvision's TFTP tool.

If I use the Batch Configuration Tool, I can mass activate them, but if I try to mass update them it seems that only one gets updated. I guess that since all of them share the default 192.168.1.64 address the program connects time after time to that unit. Even if I select just one camera with a different serial number, after the update process that camera has not been updated (hence my guess that it is always updating the same).

Any hints on how to do it? Ideally I would be looking for something like the old TFTP system, which would also allow me to skip the activation/deactivation process on each camera.

Thanks!

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, so I will answer my own post, it does seem that it can be done with Batch Config tool after all.

I just needed to make the tool configure different IP addresses to each camera (like, 192.168.1.65, 66, 67, etc) and this way the tool is able to activate them all, change the network parameters, and update them. After that I can just do a batch restore to defaults on all of them and be done with the cameras, without even needing to launch a web browser.

Hope it helps someone else!