How to change language/firmware on Chinese Dahua NVR1108HS?

Vasiamer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everybody!

I've got the chineese Dahua NVR model DH-NVR1108HS.
Unfortunately it has only the chineese language both in monitor GUI and WebUI...
It comes with the firmware DH_NVR11xxHS_Chn_P_V3.210.0000.5.R.20160409
It is possible to flash any English versions of firmware from here: ftp:/ftp.asmnet.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/01NVR/NVR11xxHS/
and the device still work, but it's impossible to see the correct names in the gui.
It looks like it couldn't read the key values from the English.txt file located in /usr/data/Data.
WebUI not working at all (seems the content of /mnt/web doesn't differs in Eng firmware from China version).

Please help if anybody knows the way to solve it!

Reaction score
i also have same issue with
NVR1104HS

can i get its latest english firmware or any way to set it ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of these devices are hard-coded to a region and trying to update it to a firmware for a different region may brick the unit. We see a lot of that here.

Your best bet is to contact the seller you got it from.

Reaction score
i got it from scapyard and i brned this image DH_NVR11xxHS_Eng_V3.215.0000000.0.R.171013 now its in engliish but its interfae is broken.
like instead of ok btton it says &comstring.comok etc and inside too there seems that internal programig keywords are shwon.in langauge selection its still onml yshowing chinese
anyway to reset it to english ?

Reaction score

Reaction score
Hello Everybody!

I've got the chineese Dahua NVR model DH-NVR1108HS.
Unfortunately it has only the chineese language both in monitor GUI and WebUI...
It comes with the firmware DH_NVR11xxHS_Chn_P_V3.210.0000.5.R.20160409
It is possible to flash any English versions of firmware from here: ftp:/ftp.asmnet.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/01NVR/NVR11xxHS/
and the device still work, but it's impossible to see the correct names in the gui.
It looks like it couldn't read the key values from the English.txt file located in /usr/data/Data.
WebUI not working at all (seems the content of /mnt/web doesn't differs in Eng firmware from China version).

Please help if anybody knows the way to solve it!
seems so
i have opened the firmware using 7zip and naviated to the path /usr/data/data/english.txt

and in it each ilne is comma seperated and then ui shows the first value whcih is of the variale intead of the value of variabel which is the value in english.txt file after comma/.

Attachments

hery

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Do You manage to repair broken translations? Have the same problem :(