How to chose start and stop time for video export

GeoffP

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been searching and searching the forum and no luck finding the answer
Sorry if this sounds stupid because I feel pretty stupid not being able to figure it out.
I have been trying to export some video clips of a camera and convert to mp4
BI tells me at some point when I am right clicking and choosing export that I can move the green and red lines to create a start and stop point for my video.
I can seem to move the green line around but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to get the red line to appear.
I ended up just exporting what i figured was the entire day but once i took a look at my mp4 video it recorded everything from the start of the day till pretty much up to the start of what I actually wanted to capture.

Can someone dumb it down for me and tell me how to select a start and stop time on stored video so I can export just that section of video?

Thanks kindly

GeoffP

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I found a video on line that shows how to set the start and stop point in order to export.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I found a video on line that shows how to set the start and stop point in order to export.
Glad you figured that out.
FYI, BI's built-in help is extensive. Also, on the convert/export menu there's a context related "help' button.
Or click on "help', search index with "export", hit "enter", read under "Working with clips", look for moving the green and red triangles.