How to clone a camera from within BI itself?

Javik

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to clone a camera stream that is already being recorded by BI, to show a different zoomed-in portion of the original IP camera stream?

I do not want to connect an additional stream connection to the IP camera directly and increase the recording storage from it, or slow down the camera by making it juggle multiple BI connections.

I just want to show a different zoomed in view of the single video stream that is already being recorded by BI. I don't see a way to directly do that.

I assume I should be able to do something using a loopback connection to 127.0.0.1, of a BI camera window to the server itself to do this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to clone a camera stream that is already being recorded by BI, to show a different zoomed-in portion of the original IP camera stream?

I do not want to connect an additional stream connection to the IP camera directly and increase the recording storage from it, or slow down the camera by making it juggle multiple BI connections.

I just want to show a different zoomed in view of the single video stream that is already being recorded by BI. I don't see a way to directly do that.

I assume I should be able to do something using a loopback connection to 127.0.0.1, of a BI camera window to the server itself to do this.
Just setup another camera using the same ip address..blue iris will only pull a single stream...you can see that in the status page.