How to connect a 3-wire audio in/out to a Microseven M7WP-MIC microphone and speakers?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Dahua DH-SD1A404XB. The audio in/out connection is just 3 wires (red, white, black). It looks like this below. How does that connect to the Microseven M7WP-MIC microphone? The microphone has a 12V input DC barrel input, and RCA connector for audio. The microphone comes with a bunch of connection accessories, but it's not clear to me how this fits into the typical POE camera setup. Can anyone help guide me on this? What are some options? If I wanted to add a small speaker, what kind of speaker works with the Dahua's audio out wire?

1590347769851.png

1590348006975.png

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For the microphone connection, the RCA outer connection goes to the camera's audio ground, and the RCA center pin goes to the camera's audio in. For the speaker, you'd use the camera's audio ground and audio out. You might need an amplifier. Somebody else needs to answer that.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the review at REVIEW- Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR 4MP AI mini PTZ seems to indicate this cam has built-in microphone.
is that not adequate? or maybe the -GNR adds that to the base version...

and yes, unless the cam has a built in speaker (most don't), you'll need some sort of amplifier for any audio out solution...
It does, I'd just like to see what an external microphone can do. The built-in mic is OK, but I wasn't wowed.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the microphone connection, the RCA outer connection goes to the camera's audio ground, and the RCA center pin goes to the camera's audio in. For the speaker, you'd use the camera's audio ground and audio out. You might need an amplifier. Somebody else needs to answer that.
Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a standard way of connecting these things - like you buy this gadget here to take care of it. It's odd that these microphones are built for IP cameras, but you need to MacGyver your own connections.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My existing camera has an internal microphone and works over the RJ-45 cable! It is not AI so I am replacing it. The replacement camera states AUDIO capable. Has the (power plug, the RJ-45 and two black and white wires).

Does anyone know if the RJ45 carries the audio, I think it carries video, POE but not sure about Audio. I don't like going up and down the ladder a dozen times to remedy :) The camera is :SD1A404XB-GNR

My question, does the RJ-45 carry the audio to an NVR? NVR5216-16P-I
The camera you reference has it's own microphone and it does, indeed, pass an audio signal through the network cable you attach to the camera. I am using that same camera with Blue Iris, not an NVR, so I am not sure how your NVR interprets the signal, but Blue Iris records the audio just fine.