How to connect remote ip-camera to nvr?

mejente

n3wb
Reaction score

Dear ipcamtalk community!
I have this problem with my Hikvision ds-7608 nvr: I would like to connect a remote camera to it (just to be clear: the camera is on a location, and the nvr is on another with another internet access). I did everything that i can think of to make it work. The nvr has internet access and it is correctly configured with a static ip. The camera also has a static ip and internet access, the ports are forwarded in the router and i also made a dyndns domain for it. I can successfully ping the camera domain from the nvr location. So i thought there wont be any problem with connecting the two, but that's not the case...
I plugged these informations into the nvr: (34567 is the media port of the camera)
And i got this:

("IP-kamera kivétel" means IP-camera exception)What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your time!
Levente

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cams I have, auth happens over port 80 (or 443 if you use HTTPS) and RSTP happens on port 554. Chances are your NVR is trying to connect to that hostname on TCP 554 and getting rejected by the firewall (if there is one).

Look through your target cam network port menus, and if you can't find the answer there; pull out wireshark to see what ports are getting hit.