How to connect to my cameras?

JBoDEAN

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an Hikvision OEM NR32P4-4, that is connected to my Unifi Switch. My 3 hikvision cameras are plugged into my NVR.

How do I access my cameras via web browser to update their firmwares? Their ip addresses are 192.168.254.1 which isn't a range that is on my network (10.10.20.188 is the ip of the NVR).

Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @JBoDEAN

One option:
Connect your PC to a port on the NVR and have the PC get an IP address within the range of what the NVR ports have.. then you can easily connect to the IP addresses of the cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I access my cameras via web browser to update their firmwares?
You should be able to access the camera web GUI if you enable 'Virtual Host' in the NVR web GUI, Network | Advanced settings | Other
Then use the links in the right hand column of the Camera Configuration page of the NVR web GUI.

Also - the VGA/HDMI interface of the NVR has a camera firmware update facility in Camera Management, though I don't know how well that works as I have not used that facility, but worth a look.

JBoDEAN

n3wb
Reaction score
You should be able to access the camera web GUI if you enable 'Virtual Host' in the NVR web GUI, Network | Advanced settings | Other
Then use the links in the right hand column of the Camera Configuration page of the NVR web GUI.

Also - the VGA/HDMI interface of the NVR has a camera firmware update facility in Camera Management, though I don't know how well that works as I have not used that facility, but worth a look.
@alastairstevenson Thanks

Last edited:

mgoth

n3wb
Reaction score
actually I have the same problem question. But in my case, it is necessary to access the cameras and the stream directly in my INTRANET, since I would like to use it for my home automation. So the scenario is, that the cams are connected to the HIKVISION NVR and the NVR is in my Intranet with DHCP from my router. And my home automation server, PCS, Settopbox should be able to access the cam live stream directly. How can I do this?

Thanks a lot,
max