How to connect to my cameras?

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by JBoDEAN, Jun 22, 2019.

Share This Page

1. JBoDEAN

JBoDEAN n3wb

I have an Hikvision OEM NR32P4-4, that is connected to my Unifi Switch. My 3 hikvision cameras are plugged into my NVR.

How do I access my cameras via web browser to update their firmwares? Their ip addresses are 192.168.254.1 which isn't a range that is on my network (10.10.20.188 is the ip of the NVR).

Thanks.

2. mat200

mat200 IPCT Contributor

Hi @JBoDEAN

One option:
    Connect your PC to a port on the NVR and have the PC get an IP address within the range of what the NVR ports have.. then you can easily connect to the IP addresses of the cameras.

3. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

You should be able to access the camera web GUI if you enable 'Virtual Host' in the NVR web GUI, Network | Advanced settings | Other
    Then use the links in the right hand column of the Camera Configuration page of the NVR web GUI.

Also - the VGA/HDMI interface of the NVR has a camera firmware update facility in Camera Management, though I don't know how well that works as I have not used that facility, but worth a look.

JBoDEAN likes this.
  4. JBoDEAN

JBoDEAN n3wb

@alastairstevenson Thanks

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. mgoth

mgoth n3wb

actually I have the same problem question. But in my case, it is necessary to access the cameras and the stream directly in my INTRANET, since I would like to use it for my home automation. So the scenario is, that the cams are connected to the HIKVISION NVR and the NVR is in my Intranet with DHCP from my router. And my home automation server, PCS, Settopbox should be able to access the cam live stream directly. How can I do this?

Thanks a lot,
    max

6. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

Given a Hikvision NVR, with the Virtual Host facility, this method allows direct access to NVR PoE-connected cameras :
    ISAPI Unauthorized?

mgoth likes this.
  7. mgoth

mgoth n3wb

Thats might exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks, alastairstevenson!!

alastairstevenson likes this.