How to contact camera after Default, Default

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a "Device error" problem when changing Smart Event in my camera. Hikvision recommend to do a System, Default, Default which set everything back to Default incl. IP and User. Normally this must be done locally from the local net as one has to change the IP etc.

Because I now am 200 miles from the camera and reach it via asus vpn server there, I may be have an oppertunty to manage it from remote. The camera default is 192.168.1.64 and the local net where the camera is has 192.168.1.xxx.

I am thinking the operation Default,Default will zero-set everything in DDNS, Gateway etc., but is it possible to reach the camera from Remote with my configuration using IVMS-4200?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A factory reset does NOT change the IP and server port (8000 by default), so if you have remote access you should not lose it.

You might lose web access if you are using something other than default 80, since this one will go back to 80. But from iVMS-4200 you should still be able to access the camera.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, Securame

I might give it a try.

george dy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I think I'm having a similar problem.

I have the HIKVISION NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P and 6 of these Hikvision 4MP DS-2CD2142FWD-I HD WDR IP Network Dome 2.8mm Lens. I only realized now that I purchased these from an unauthorized seller so now Hikvision support won't help me.

I recently had a problem with power outages at my home. Unknowingly, this must have or I must have caused a factory default. After realizing the IP Activation code was the same as previous, I logged in and realized none of my camera feeds were working.

I tried unplugging the Cat5e plugs from the NVR and back in. I tried unplugging the main Ethernet connection between my Unifi Switches and back, but nothing. The add camera control panel showed "detecting" but then failed again (pic). I'm not clear on the IP addresses they're showing because I never hard programmed what IP address each would get.

My question is, is there a way to factory reset or clear these cameras and re-add them? I'm not certain that would fix the issue, but when I've tried a factory default, they are all still there and I am unable to remove them because they say there is no IP Camera detected. And if reset won't work, is there some network configuration that I need to set per each of the IP cams?

Apologies if this is a simple question.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Suggestion, assuming you know what password was used for the cameras (it may have been that for the NVR) -

Install SADP on the PC if you don't have it : Download | Tools - Hikvision
Connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port, start SADP, it will find the cameras.
See if SADP shows the camera as Active or Inactive, and also note down their IP addresses.

If active - fix up the IP addresses as below, assuming they no longer match.
It sounds like the IP addresses of the cameras may no longer match the IP addresses of the NVR PoE channels as shown in your screenshot above.
Use SADP to change the IP address of each camera (maybe just have one plugged in at once so you know which is which, if they are all the same model) to match that of the NVR PoE port it is plugged in to.

If Inactive - activate with your chosen strong password, then adjust the IP addresses as above.
Add that password to the camera configuration on the NVR for that channel.

george dy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alastair, I gave that a shot. Plugged my computer into D8 and tried as you previously suggested to plug one camera in first. I plugged it into D4 and I see that the NVR is working through the monitor -- says detecting. However, on my computer plugged directly in, I only see the NVR has been discovered and no IP camera. Any idea why that would be? I tried switching around which cams were plugged into which ports of the NVR, but nothing.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's either not SADP, or a version old enough that I don't recognise it.
Current version here : Download | Tools - Hikvision

I only see the NVR has been discovered and no IP camera.
Does the link detect light show on the NVR PoE port that the camera is plugged in to?
If not - in the VGA/HDMI interface of the NVR, check the PoE status, see if the power measurements look normal.
The cameras should show about 3w - 4w