How to create snap shot of person opening a cash register??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a hikvision NVR DS-7632N-E2/8P with the hikvision camera DS-2CD2432F-IW that points at the till.
I want to use the camera alarm input with a reed switch on the till so every time the till is opened it will take a snapshop of the person opening it.
can this be done? if so how to set it up?? i cant work it out.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
huh? you mean a line on the camera that will record?? that will take ages to go through footage, i just want a simple image to be saved to hard drive i can go through easily every time the till is opened instead of having to go through crap loads of footage all the time.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
huh? you mean a line on the camera that will record?? that will take ages to go through footage, i just want a simple image to be saved to hard drive i can go through easily every time the till is opened instead of having to go through crap loads of footage all the time.
Then good luck

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i worked it out. instead of going into the NVR looking for the settings that did not exist, i had a sudden thought, lets go into the camera and see what settings are there and i found what i was looking for.
i will set up a switch on the cash register draw and connect to the camera inputs.
It allowed me to setup a snapshop of adjustable intervals when ever the cash register is open so i set it to 1 FPS for that, then it uploads the snapshot to my NAS which i have ,mapped to my PC and all the images are there ready to view when needed.
perfect solution.