How to delete or rename a group

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I unwittingly created a new group that has the same name as one of the cameras. The apparently confuses the web interface because when I click on the camera that has the same name as the group, it shows the group, not the single camera. There is an actual entry for the group showing in the web interface with the + in front of it.

So, I need to either rename or delete the group, but I could not find anywhere to do that. I can remove cameras from the group, but cannot find anywhere to rename it or delete it.

Although I could have overlooked it, I did not see anything in the online help that addresses this.

Thanks,
Carlton

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did this exact same thing... named a group the same as the "short name" of a camera and it showed them together.
I solved it by changing the "short name" of the camera to something else.
Worked perfect.
Of course I still want my group, so I have no need to delete anything.

I'd swear I saw a place to delete a group, but I'm not at home to look for it... sorry.

Jim

[Just logged in remotely to look for an answer for you... didn't find it. But I do remember that when I was first creating the group it didn't stick until I assigned more than one camera to it... so my thought was... perhaps in order to delete the group, you simply have to remove all cameras from it, and it will disappear? Just thinkin' out loud here.]

Last edited by a moderator:

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey... my guess was right. Fenderman beat me to it. :)
Unfortunately that was my guess too...I was hoping there was something a little more direct rather than having to go to each camera.

Thanks for posting the info.