How to disable a PTZ tour on startup on Amcrest camera?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I happen to have an Amcrest camera - the IP3M-941 which is essentially the same as IP2M-841. Upon every boot it moves to the far extreme point, gets stuck there, makes loud noise, then goes to the default point (I suppose it calibrates the movement), then it moves back to my intended position that I saved as PTZ preset 1. Is there any way to disable this behavior? I'd like it to stay where it is when it reboots. I couldn't find a setting for this and I searched here and on Google and coudn't find an answer.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I happen to have an Amcrest camera - the IP3M-941 which is essentially the same as IP2M-841. Upon every boot it moves to the far extreme point, gets stuck there, makes loud noise, then goes to the default point (I suppose it calibrates the movement), then it moves back to my intended position that I saved as PTZ preset 1. Is there any way to disable this behavior? I'd like it to stay where it is when it reboots. I couldn't find a setting for this and I searched here and on Google and coudn't find an answer.
This guy didn't have much luck either; on the Amcrest forum, Nov. 2016.

You're correct with the movement being a "calibration"...since the cam lost power, if doesn't know where it was so it pans to 0 on one axis ("x") then tilts to 0 on the other axis ("y") then from there it goes to your preset "1", a position that it does know (relative to x0 / y0 ).

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think you can change this behavior, im pretty sure its hard coded into the firmware.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think you can change this behavior, im pretty sure its hard coded into the firmware.
Agreed.

The forum moderator stated "...We will be certainly adding new features based on customers feedback. This is something that is already in line for future addition.".
It's been almost 2-1/2 years now so it likely won't be addressed.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the last firmware update happened in 2017...
It's a pity this can't be changed. I have an old Foscam camera and this behavior can be disabled in settings with a single checkbox. Somehow it works without calibration.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This guy didn't have much luck either; on the Amcrest forum, Nov. 2016.

You're correct with the movement being a "calibration"...since the cam lost power, if doesn't know where it was so it pans to 0 on one axis ("x") then tilts to 0 on the other axis ("y") then from there it goes to your preset "1", a position that it does know (relative to x0 / y0 ).
Agreed.

The forum moderator stated "...We will be certainly adding new features based on customers feedback. This is something that is already in line for future addition.".
It's been almost 2-1/2 years now so it likely won't be addressed.
I think they implemented the feature discussed in that forum, although I don't see it anywhere in the change log. The discussion took place in 2016 and the latest firmware is from 2017. The camera does go to Preset 1 after reboot. My problem is that it moves around before doing this. And it is loud especially when it hits the limits where presumably 0 is. The Foscam just stays put during reboot.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disable the automatic reboot / 'maintain' and put your switch or nvr on a UPS.