How to disable internal IR illuminators on DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 Bullet Camera

Canada_Guy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-7716NI-I4/16P NVR with a DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 Bullet camera on it. I'm having issues with spider/bugs in front of the bullet camera lens so have purchased a Tendelux B18 IR Illuminator to install a few feet away and want to turn off the internal IR Illuminator in the bullet camera, but I just can't seem to find the setting.

I'm accessing the NVR directly on the NVR (version 4) and also have access to it via the iVMS-4200 software (Ver V3.1.0.7)

I would appreciate any assistance on where to disable the built in IR illuminators on the camera.

Thanks in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that camera model - but as you have PoE NVR you need to access the camera web GUI to find the IR configuration.
In the NVR web GUI, under advanced network configuration, enable virtual host and use the links on the right in the camera configuration menu.

Canada_Guy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that camera model - but as you have PoE NVR you need to access the camera web GUI to find the IR configuration.
In the NVR web GUI, under advanced network configuration, enable virtual host and use the links on the right in the camera configuration menu.
Thanks for the help. i have logged onto the camera, but can't find a setting that indicates it's for the IR control. I do see a Day/Night switch but I don't think that's what i'm looking for.

Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

Canada_Guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Found it!!
When logged into the camera, Click on Configuration (top banner), System, Maintenance, System Service, Hardware. There is a box there "Enable IR Light".

For anyone else that might want info on how to log onto the camera, this is the method I used:
-Connect via web GUI (CHROME) entering the IP address of the NVR (in my case it's 192.168.1.200 and enter user= admin and enter password
-Under Configuration, Network, Advanced, “Other” tab, enable Virtual Host.
-Go to Configuration, System, Camera management, IP Camera tab, and use the links on the right in the camera configuration menu to access the camera directly

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When logged into the camera, Click on Configuration (top banner), System, Maintenance, System Service, Hardware. There is a box there "Enable IR Light".
Well done for getting there.
I was just about to send you the screenshot below - I'd only had the phone in the initial response, so no access to a camera.
Be aware though that the availability of that facility varies with the camera model and firmware revision.

upload_2019-8-22_9-29-0.png