How to disable SV3C china feed?

Reaction score
I bought a camera, and before I got blue iris installed, I had the SV3C app "Denale" running. somehow it worked with nothing more than dhcp configuration. the question I have now is, how do I disable it? I have a new L3 switch on order so I can make vlans, and isolate it that way, but in the meantime...…? I do have Blue iris running now, and have the web feed working so I don't need Denale anymore.

I assume this camera must be running its own webserver or something? how else does it connec with SV3C servers to send the feed??

Benak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't answer your question directly but I would get the camera off any internet connected network ASAP. You should have been able to connect to the camera's built in web page by assigning a computer to the same subnet and pointing a browser at the factory default IP address. The static (or DHCP) IP configuration is built into the camera's management web page normally. The two SV3C cameras I played with worked this way anyhow. I wouldn't trust these on an open network.

Reaction score
I can access the cameras web page, but I cant see anything that turns this feed off. Im trying to figure out how to block wan traffic per device in my router right now.

I did find a setting to Disable P2P, which is Denale. I still don't trust that though. I have changed all the standard ports. Im going to restart everything, then check the logs for any outbound connections.

Last edited:

Benak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All a good idea, the two cameras I played with were trying to "phone home" always... I can't remember specifics but they are installed on an isolated network so not a big deal.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use an Asus router. I set the parental controls to block all traffic from the camera mac address.

Also I have two nic cards in the blue iris PC, have all cameras on a different sub net network

Yes this is overkill.

I had a SV3C. I put it in the garbage. Easy then dealing with the problems

Reaction score
This
I use an Asus router. I set the parental controls to block all traffic from the camera mac address.

Also I have two nic cards in the blue iris PC, have all cameras on a different sub net network

Yes this is overkill.

I had a SV3C. I put it in the garbage. Easy then dealing with the problems
This one seems to be decent. Good picture and motion detection works good. I don't think it's too bad for $40. Only thing I don't like so far is i can't get the led's to turn off completely. Maybe that's normal idk.

Driver

n3wb
Reaction score
As a simple local-only solution for the camera, just assign it a static IP without a default gateway.

soyrunner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 SV3C cameras, the third just purchased. The first, SV-B06POE 4MP came with UC.exe display software having multiple screens capability. Login to its IP shows a different firmware software than the latter two SV3C cameras. The second is an SD6W-1080PS-HX and came with a firmware that identifies itself as IP CAMERA and has setup functions. It did not immediately respond to the UC.exe configuration. I walked away and hours later it was working with UC.exe so 2 cameras displayed. The IP Camera firmware requires Internet Explorer and if one uses Firefox or Chrome it is limited. It opens and flashes a multiple monitor choice for about a second then defaults to a single camera monitor screen although in its setup pages there is a page for configuring additional cameras when using IE but not other browsers. IE requires Shockwave Flash and that's to be discontinued. The third camera, just added is a BO6POE-5MP-HX. I can get it up and streaming to its IP CAMERA firmware but it fails to display on UC.exe which shows the device is offline. I left it alive overnight but this one didn't finally show up as online to UC.exe. One difference with the last is that I haven't entered its dhcp assigned address as to be considered static. Perhaps after I do that it will appear online. I too believe these cameras 'call home' which doesn't bode well for security applications. I know this brand is depreciated for a number of good reasons, difficult setup and calling home. And I noticed in another post wondering if one could turn off the IR lamps. That would be a nice option so as to be able to put a camera inside a window and have external LEDs on a timer thus not catching the IR lamps reflection. Black electrical tape over the lamps does get warm and isn't completely effective.

Soyrunner

Last edited:

soyrunner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Found my problem with the third camera. In UC.exe Config Management I would enter a change to the camera and mash modify but unbeknownst to me it wouldn't change. I deleted the camera on that page, re-entered the data and bob's your uncle it works.