How to eliminate motion blur???

Profits

n3wb
Reaction score
I had my first real need for my camera today, and I was caught off guard by the camera not being set up as well as it could have. I'm using the IPC-HDBW81230EP-ZE 12mp camera, which should be capable of some seriously fantastically detailed imagery.

Here's an example of the problem:

Can someone point me in the direction of how to make moving subjects not leave this blur streak? I got lucky and got the package back, but it could have been a much more serious situation.

Here's what my night footage looks like. I'm trying to stay away from IR... as a photographer, I feel morally obligated to avoid using on-camera lighting, but I don't want to wreck the appearance of my house... or make it look like San Quentin. I need to solve this camera config problem before I start adding additional cameras. Any external IR suggestions are welcome.

I am running full 10,000 kbps bitrate, 30fps, at full 4k resolution. Maximum pixels, baby!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had my first real need for my camera today, and I was caught off guard by the camera not being set up as well as it could have. I'm using the IPC-HDBW81230EP-ZE 12mp camera, which should be capable of some seriously fantastically detailed imagery.

Here's an example of the problem:

Can someone point me in the direction of how to make moving subjects not leave this blur streak? I got lucky and got the package back, but it could have been a much more serious situation.

Here's what my night footage looks like. I'm trying to stay away from IR... as a photographer, I feel morally obligated to avoid using on-camera lighting, but I don't want to wreck the appearance of my house... or make it look like San Quentin. I need to solve this camera config problem before I start adding additional cameras. Any external IR suggestions are welcome.

I am running full 10,000 kbps bitrate, 30fps, at full 4k resolution. Maximum pixels, baby!
your noise reduction is set too high.
at night, this 12mp camera will perform poorly without lots of light.
You dont need 30fps on a surveillance camera.

Profits

n3wb
Reaction score
your noise reduction is set too high.
at night, this 12mp camera will perform poorly without lots of light.
You dont need 30fps on a surveillance camera.
Fantastic... thanks for steering me in the right direction re: noise reduction.

I am in the territory of wants. I am budgeting 100 megabits of my network to camera bandwidth, and willing to go higher... because more information is what I'm after.

You just learned the hard lesson of why the 2mp starlight camera is recommended for the night. The more mp the less light per pixel.
I wouldn't say "hard". I can add more light. :) But thanks for... ahem... showing me the light.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't see the video sample due to dubious firewalls at my location, but usually with Dahua cameras when I have motion blur it is due to the 3D Noise Reduction setting being too high.

Profits

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't see the video sample due to dubious firewalls at my location, but usually with Dahua cameras when I have motion blur it is due to the 3D Noise Reduction setting being too high.
Ok, I had the 3D NR enabled and set to medium. I turned it off and the problem seems to have resolved itself.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I had the 3D NR enabled and set to medium. I turned it off and the problem seems to have resolved itself.
With 3D NR totally off, you may notice a noisier picture at night. If so, can always try the "low" setting.

Profits

n3wb
Reaction score
With 3D NR totally off, you may notice a noisier picture at night. If so, can always try the "low" setting.
Yeah, I just checked the picture now and it’s complete crap. I’m going to look into lighting solutions.