How to ensure BI does not use NVIDIA Cuda

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I have an issue where I have ensured that every camera is setup to use hardware accelerated decode to DEFAULT. and GPU Any. However my GPU usage is hitting 50%. I want to ensure that BI does not use hardware acceleration at all. Which option to choose to ensure that the GPU remains untouched?

Thank you

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

I have an issue where I have ensured that every camera is setup to use hardware accelerated decode to DEFAULT. and GPU Any. However my GPU usage is hitting 50%. I want to ensure that BI does not use hardware acceleration at all. Which option to choose to ensure that the GPU remains untouched?

Thank you
Hardware.jpg

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This post is strange, so you’ve set it up to use hardware acceleration but don’t it to?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand why you wouldn't use CUDA acceleration since the card is in the machine. I am assuming that your motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics from Intel so you use a separate video card. Depending on the specific model, an Nvidia card will easily handle ten or more cameras without much trouble at all which will off load the CPU doing all the video processing. Granted, Nvidia acceleration isn't the most power efficient but if the resource is there, your power supply can handle the load (up to 200 watts for the card) and you don't mind the added electricity cost it's a good way to make an older processor handle a bigger video load.

alitech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. The UI is so confusing. I need to get used to the whole thing. I am trying to get it to not use GPU as I am moving the whole setup to a VM in Unraid. I need to ensure it is setup to not use any GPU as I will not be providing a GPU to it.

Also trying to set up sub streams which is a different challenge altogether. Something not working on the substreams even though I have given the correct URLs.

@Tinbum I will do what you suggest.