How to find mobile DeviceID

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you find out what a device's "deviceid" is for BI? I have 2 iphones and 2 ipads registered to the server and I only want to have a push go out to one device. Is there a way to tell which device is which? I looked in the help first and the section on this was very brief. There was a graphic in the help file that showed a description in the "Name" field, but on mine it just shows "iPad" or "iPhone" and I can't see where I can change that. Does anyone know if I can label each one after I determine which is which?

lestaladz

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this before.
I just deleted all the devices and reconnected form my iPhone and iPad.
It just added these two back in the list, then select the push tick boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was hoping there was an element of the device I could look at that would identify the deviceid. Does anyone know if this is an Apple/Android attribute or a BI app attribute?

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks so much for pointing this out to me. I assumed the device name portion was something that was changed on the BI server and didn't realize it was getting it from the device. I changed the name of the device according to the article and BI automatically updated it in the mobile devices section. I didn't have to delete it and add it again. Thanks again for the help!

pjban

n3wb
Reaction score
Try logging out of blue iris on your phone, go to edit server settings/connection, change mobile device name at bottom of server settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^I don't think BOT since he has been around since 2019, but to post a reply to an 8 year old thread is BOT-like...