How to get license reset

iron_man

n3wb
Reaction score
So I set up my BI on one PC but it was a drag on the system as it is being used for other purposes. So I decided to get a small form factor PC dedicated for security/surveillance. I uninstalled and removed license from previous PC and added BI to new PC.

I could not get the web server to work at all (remote access piece of it). So I ended up installing and re-installing and trying on other PCs around the house. Well apparently I used the license too many times that it has locked me out.

I have sent an email to BI support but I have no clue how long it takes for them to respond. Anyone know a quicker way for them to reset my license or another way to contact them?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I set up my BI on one PC but it was a drag on the system as it is being used for other purposes. So I decided to get a small form factor PC dedicated for security/surveillance. I uninstalled and removed license from previous PC and added BI to new PC.

I could not get the web server to work at all (remote access piece of it). So I ended up installing and re-installing and trying on other PCs around the house. Well apparently I used the license too many times that it has locked me out.

I have sent an email to BI support but I have no clue how long it takes for them to respond. Anyone know a quicker way for them to reset my license or another way to contact them?

Thanks.
you will have to wait for a response...next time you must deactivate before uninstalling..

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score

Thanks.
I requested a reset for my license on Friday May 12 at 10:49AM PST. I got a reply email on Monday May 15 at 7:51AM PST saying my license had been reset. However, I got impatient and on Sunday (I don't remember what time it was) and went ahead and attempted to reenter my license and it worked. So the email may not reflect exactly when the reset had been accomplished.