How to get recordings from Hikvision NVR?

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 4 port Hikvision NVR (M/N DS-7604NI-K1/4p, and trying to export some clips. It only has one USB 2 port in the front, and when I connect a pen drive, it does NOT "see" it. I have searched the web on how to copy those clips to either a NAS or pen drive, but no success.
How do I do it?
Since it only has one USB port on the front, I use a USB hub, so I can connect my mouse AND pen drive. I even tried just using the pen drive and no mouse, but still no luck.

How do I get those clippings????
thanks

Edit: Found the answer. There is a USB port on the back of the unit, right below the Ethernet port. What a crappy place to put it for my purposes.
My setup, I have 4 cams that connect to a 4 port POE switch in the basement. My NVR is located on the bottom shelf of my entertainment center. Only an Ethernet cable plugs into that NVR, I don't use the POE ports on that NVR.

So, in order to use save the clips, I have to attach a pen drive on the back of the unit, which in my case is a real pain in the butt. So, I will just leave the pen drive attached and add clips as created and pull the pen drive out when it gets full or when I need those files.

I wish there was a way to save those clips to one of my networked storage devices.

I am complaining about that USB port being located on the back of the drive. I have a fairly new Synology NAS and those stupid, put a USB 2 port on the rear of the NAS and a USB 3 port on the front. I added an external HDD to that NAS, but had to connect the USB cable to the USB 3 port on the front of the NAS, what a stupid idea of using a USB 2 port on the rear of the NAS.........

Enough complaining, I guess..... But DO wish there was a way to save those clips to one of my networked storage devices.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to save those clips to one of my networked storage devices.
There is.
You might find it more convenient to access the NVR via the IE11 web GUI.
If your Windows PC has a drive letter mapped to the required share destination on your NAS, you can configure the 'Downloaded files' and 'Downloaded clips' destination in Local Settings to point to that.
Then any clips you make or video files that you download will go directly to the NAS.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is.
You might find it more convenient to access the NVR via the IE11 web GUI.
If your Windows PC has a drive letter mapped to the required share destination on your NAS, you can configure the 'Downloaded files' and 'Downloaded clips' destination in Local Settings to point to that.
Then any clips you make or video files that you download will go directly to the NAS.
Thank you, thank you. That was the information I was looking for.