How to have access to the web service ?

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please can someone explain me how to have access to the web service ? Andy said me that is the only place where I can set ivs rules and the shutter speed ...My cams are connected by LAN to the nvr , nvr is connected to a internet router and my laptop is connected to the same router. My nvr is a 5216 16p with a these firmwares

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just open the IP of the desired camera in your preferred browser. It's the same like accessing the NVR via WebUI.

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are my cams firmware and models :
1 hdw 2320 z
2 hdw 4431 em as
3 hdw 5431 z
4 hdw 4231 em as
5 hdw 2320 z
6 hfw 5431 z
7 hfw 8232 z
Nvr 5216 16p ip 192.168.1.68

Attachments

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just open the IP of the desired camera in your preferred browser. It's the same like accessing the NVR via WebUI.
Nothing happens , maybe I need to open any virtual port or install any plugin ?!?!

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, I missed the 16p in your OP. So the cams are connected to the PoE Ports of the NVR, right?
So you'll have to connect your laptop to one of the PoE ports of the NVR to be on the same network. Assign an IP of the NVR network to your laptop, like 10.1.1.2, and that's it. Then you can connect to the cameras assigned IPs.

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought being nvr and laptop connected to the same router I could hit the ip cam by the laptop directly tomorrow I'll try to connect the laptop to the nvr directly thanks

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
guys please help , I was in , i installed the chrome app then it asked me to change the password and I did it. but I was not able to see live preview upload_2017-5-22_13-36-3.png

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
now I try to log in again and I'm sure I'm typing the right user/pass but it say log in failed. how to reset that ? upload_2017-5-22_13-38-17.png

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now it say account locked , reboot it try 25 minutes later :-(((((

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, if you changed your password on your cameras, the NVR still tries with the saved password and locks the account... so it's smart to have at least one extra account which is only used for your administration jobs, so it won't get locked out. Just create an own user for the NVR on the cams. After you have successfully logged into your NVR again go into settings -> remote device and change the user/pass setings to fit the new password or user/password. To avoid the NVR from locking the cams again while you are trying to change the settings, it would be better to separate the cams into antoher network or: delete the cams first in your NVR, reboot your cams and get logged in directly to the cams after the account is unlocked. Add a new user for the NVR on each cam. After you are done re-add the cams with the new user/pass to your NVR.

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm a dumb a s s but fortunately I'm a lucky dumb a s s : when I configured the nvr I made 4 exta accounts for coworkers, one of them have admin benefts ! with that one I was able to log in again and make some more admins accunts to be safe. Now I'm in and I'm trying to set a tripwire rule on a hfw8232 z bullett .... I push on "draw rule" but nothing happen if I click on the preview . what is the right procedure to set a rule ? upload_2017-5-22_14-31-10.png

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh @Crazykiller thank you for explaining me how to set a motion detection and how to have web service access to my nvr, this is like a conquer to me

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IVS settings are currently not configurable through the NVR. It looks like you could, but it doesn't really work. That's the reason why you want to connect to your cams directly. Just make the rules on your cams and configure the schedule of your NVR to record your IVS events. Depending on what you like. If you record 24/7 and want IVS to see if something happens, then you'll be fine to only make snapshots for events on the NVR. Else you'll have some gaps in your recordings because the NVR starts a new file when an event is triggered... I described the workaround here: Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 / NVR5216-16P-4KS2

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good ! You saved me again , I was already losing time trying to understand what was going wrong. Now I try to connect laptop to the nvr Poe ports and try again. All I need is to recive a snapshot when an ivs is triggered , meantime I need a 24/7 recording. I see there are some settings about how to configure an email account but I have read somewhere on the forum someone use the push notifications. Can you give me an input about how to work with push notifications between my nvr and an iPhone 7s ?

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
oh @Crazykiller thank you for explaining me how to set a motion detection and how to have web service access to my nvr, this is like a conquer to me
I'm glad if I could help you. I would say just send me some original Italian gelatto, but i would only arrive as liquid :( So if I could help you, you are welcome to like the corresponding post which helped. ;)

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good ! You saved me again , I was already losing time trying to understand what was going wrong. Now I try to connect laptop to the nvr Poe ports and try again. All I need is to revive a snapshot when an ivs is triggered , meantime I need a 24/7 recording. I see there are some settings about how to configure an email account but I have read somewhere on the forum someone use the push notifications. Can you give me an input about how to work with push notifications between my nvr and an iPhone 7s ?
I'm sorry, I didn't tried push yet. For now I only have the lite versions if iDMSS. For push notifications you need the paid version. But I'm sure you'll find a thread discussing that. I use a PIR and get push notifications from my home automation.

Cesare

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm glad if I could help you. I would say just send me some original Italian gelatto, but i would only arrive as liquid :(
if i find the same way @empiretcandy deliver his stuff I could be able to send you a cold gelato lol thanks again , I'm so happy because I have spent about 2000 euro for my implant and I was not able to make it work propely ! Now I have learned something and more will follow !