How To Obtain Device Verification Code?

Bert Jones

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DB-120A-IW (DS-KB6003WIP) doorbell. I have connected it to wifi and I can log in to it's web interface and it is also connected and working with my Hikvision NVR. I am trying to get it to work with Hik Connect but to add it to Hik Connect you have to input the Device Verification Code which I don't have. The serial number label, which has the Verification Code on it, and should be on the bell is missing and I don't have the box which should also have the serial number and verification code on it. The web interface doesn't have a Platform Access tab that other cameras have so I cannot view or change the code using it.

I've searched for instructions on how to find the code and tried all of them but none of them work on the doorbell. The instructions on How to get the Verification Code for Hikvision IP camera — SecurityCamCenter.com work on my other Hikvision cameras and following them I can log in with user name "admin" with my admin password and view each cameras Device Identification Code using the showKey command, so I am doing it correctly. If I try to do it on the doorbell camera I can enable SSH but when I try to log in as user "admin" my password is not accepted. If I log in as user "root" my password is accepted but the Busybox terminal doesn't allow the showKey command to run!

I have updated it to the latest firmware and I have also tried all the versions of the earlier firmware I can find, including the Clare Vision and LTK versions, but none of them have the Platform Access tab or allow the showKey command to work. I have also tried using SADP and the Batch Configuration tool.

Has anyone any idea on how I can find or change the Device Verification Code on this doorbell.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try ABCDEF
This model is buggy as far as i know. I also struggled a lot with it

Bert Jones

n3wb
Reaction score
Try ABCDEF
This model is buggy as far as i know. I also struggled a lot with it
I've tried ABCDEF and it gives a message along the lines of "Code is not secure enough. Change the code and try again". Trying other codes gives a "wrong code error". Unfortunately the doorbell web UI doesn't have the Network / Advanced Settings / Platform Access menu option so I'm unable to change the Verification Code.

I've tried every version of the firmware I can find, including ClareVision and LTK versions, and none of them allow the showKey command or have the Network / Advanced Settings / Platform Access menu.

The only firmware I've been unable to test is V1.4.6_170510. I can install it but it doesn't have an option to use the doorbells camera to scan the QR code generated by the HikConnect app to give the doorbell my wifi settings. As I cannot get it connected to my wifi I'm unable to try to SSH into it and try the showKey code. I can only assume that version of firmware created a wifi access point that the early version Hikconnect app would connect to to send the wifi settings to the doorbell. I cannot see any other way for the Hikconnect app to be able to send the wifi settings to the doorbell if the camera cannot be used to scan the QR code. But using a wifi scanning app I cannot see a wifi access point being generated by the doorbell for it to connect to, so I don't know how it should do it!

I've also looked at the circuit boards hopeing to see the serial connections but there are no Rx and Tx points marked. There are some test points marked but using Putty and connecting the Rx lead from my TTL Serial to USB adaptor to any of them doesn't give any data. I've used the TTL Serial to USB on other Hikvision cameras so I know it works. I've also tried the pins on the micro USB socket. One pin gives 3.3 volts, not the usual 5 volts, which I suspect is why you shouldn't connect it to a normal USB socket on a PC, as warned about in another post. The other pins also give no data.

Any other ideas are welcome.